You can type here any text you want

Advise On Stage II Block Please Help!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WIKEDV6

I have an opportunity to buy a stage II off center block 4.1 bored 60 over and a sleeve in one cylinder for 800.00 all machined and ready to go. Any problems liked head gaskets, are the bores too big . What do you guys think? T.I.A:confused:

If you don't plan to make insane horsepower, I don't see any reason you couldnt use it. The only thing that worries me is the sleeve but if it was installed by a compitent machine shop then it would probably be fine.

I would not think twice about running a sleeve. Proper installation is pressed and a shelf in the block at the bottom. Sprint car teams are sleeving all 8 to get a more consistent cylinder. What does that tell you.

.060 over?

WIKEDV6,

You said this block is .060" over correct? Now is this 4.060"? Here's why I ask, the standard bore for a 4.1 liter block is 3.965" so if it's 4.060" then it's really .095" over. Even at 4.060" you should be fine. The sleeve isn't a big problem either unless they broke a hole in the wall of the cylinder and hit the water. You might want to have a sonic check done on the block to determine the wall thickness and any core shift.

Good Luck
Neal

BTW, the price sounds pretty fair.

Ask if they have another. Or if you want your money back, give me a call..

I ran a 4.070 bore with two sleeves and never had a problem. 4.060 head gaskets are avaliable at a some GM dealers. They are in the GM performance catalog. Good luck. Tim

Back