You can type here any text you want

AEM Wideband install with GenII utilizing Caspers' 108157 Adapter Harness

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1KWIKSIX

I'm in the process of installing an AEM wideband set up in my car which has a GenII translator installed & is using Caspers Plug N Play Adapter Harness (#108157). I do have an extender extreme G chip.

Do I need to modify the caspers harness ?

I see on the instructions it states if a wideband controller (LC-1) is needed, refer to the MAFT-PRO instructions regarding the addition of that controller; this adapter is not fitted with the wideband option. (You will need to break out the ORANGE and PURPLE wires on the adapter to facilitate the LC-1 addition).

Thanks,

Dave

Are you going to use the WB for AF Correction at Wot or just to monitor your AF? I have the same setup installed in my car and could help you out. I am available this evening after work. Let me know.

Are you going to use the WB for AF Correction at Wot or just to monitor your AF? I have the same setup installed in my car and could help you out. I am available this evening after work. Let me know.

I plan on using it for WB monitoring and also correction. Just haven't got the installation quite finished yet though.
Have found no voltage at the MAP connector under the hood. Not sure if it ever had voltage as I had the 2 bar MAP sensor on until installing the WB & PowerLogger just now.
Got rid of my factory dash some years ago and have VDO gauges in a ASC GNX Replica Dash. This utilized an AVC plug n play wiring harness, it doesn't use the factory boost gauge and the original wiring could have been disconnected.....this could explain why no MAP voltage at the connector? Will need to pick up another 5volt power source for the MAP .

I would appreciate any help or suggestions you may have. I'll be around tonight too.

Thanks,

Dave

Sent you a PM

Thanks for your offer to help. Will take you up on your kind offer.

dave

factory MAP sensor was fed 5v and ground from the factory gauge cluster. You can feed it from the TPS 5v and ground wiring. The MAP sensor wiring runs behind the glovebox.

the Caspers harnesses tie the wideband wiring for the Gen-2 into the stock O2 wiring, you need to change this.

from the Gen-2 there is an orange wire going to the adapter harness, cut this and connect the Gen-2 side to the wideband output. The Gen-2 purple wire needs to go to the same ground that the Wideband uses. The stock O2 sensor ground is going to the engine, so leaving the purple wire intact is ok. Make sure your wideband is grounded to the engine.

Bob

factory MAP sensor was fed 5v and ground from the factory gauge cluster. You can feed it from the TPS 5v and ground wiring. The MAP sensor wiring runs behind the glovebox.

the Caspers harnesses tie the wideband wiring for the Gen-2 into the stock O2 wiring, you need to change this.

from the Gen-2 there is an orange wire going to the adapter harness, cut this and connect the Gen-2 side to the wideband output. The Gen-2 purple wire needs to go to the same ground that the Wideband uses. The stock O2 sensor ground is going to the engine, so leaving the purple wire intact is ok. Make sure your wideband is grounded to the engine.

Bob

Thanks much Bob,

dave

Back