You can type here any text you want

After market wheels and tires, a clearence issue?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KDGTP97

I have just installed 2"drop spindles on the front with 1.5" drop springs on the rear. Looking to put 17/7 wheels all the way around with low profile tires all the same.
Don't want to buy the wrong wheels and have to much back space or not enough back space. This is a daily driver and I want to be able to rotate the tires on a regular basis. I'm looking at Coys or Centerline torque thrust wheels.
Any advice on the correct backspace?
thanks

I would just suggest 17 X 8s, or 8.5 over 17 X 7s and use a 4 or 4.5" backspace. 245-50-17s all around will fit nicely inside wheel openings.

just my opinion but i think 17X7 wouldnt look right. almost like a bike tire. 17X8 at a minimum.

Thanks!!!!

Thanks for the advice, I will check into the 17x8 wheels, I do want an aggressive stance and look. I was real skid-dish about the back space.
Sorry John, I'll post this on the suspension page.
Appreciate it guys.
kelly

If you're looking for an aggressive look go 17X8 4.5 bs on the fronts and 17x9.5 4.75bs on rears. 245/45/17 and 245/40/17 front and rear

Back