after new fuel pump, same problem

I'm interested to see what turns up here.I'm kinda having the same problem under boost.Changed everthing twice and under higher boost it pops and sends my scanmaster 02 all over the place.

upgrades

te 64 turbo 340 pump with hot wire kit front mount cooler ,009 injectors, 9.5 vigilanty lockup torque converter 3200 stall ,volt booster ,terry h 3 inch down pipe with dump plate and a couple little thing I cant remember at this time.

im almost stock... im hoping its something small like plug wires, gap of plugs, or the coil packs.. ill post up once i get more info

I'n not sure if you said you had a new or aftermarkt boost guage but try to see what boost it pops at when you are ready to try it. I had a problem last year when I bought all the parts I didn't notice I had a hole in a vac line or a line was off,so I take the car down the road and hit the gas and noticed the boost just climbing(22lbs) then boom. I found the line off real fast and and repaced them all with new ones.

well i found my problem.. bad coil pack :mad: it was pretty bad.. didnt even get a reading on 1/3 of the coil pack...

CHECK YOUR WIRES!!!!!! That's how coil packs go, if one wire is junk the coil will burn out, from not completing the loop! The coil that was bad on the old one, check those two wires (not just ohm's test either) you have to make sure those two are good or the new coil will suffer the same fate!:cool:

I'd just get new wires, there not that expensive and there something that would do some good anyway. Glad you finaly figured it out. Did you get wires and a coil pack yet? I can't wait to feel the fabled 19lbs of boost. If I didn't have my boost gauge hard wired to my truck I'd let you borrow it.

ya i plan on buying new wires too.. i know they dont cost much so i will get them with the new coil pack.... :cool:

Originally posted by svtnos
ya i plan on buying new wires too.. i know they dont cost much so i will get them with the new coil pack.... :cool:

"let the **** talking commence"

It really sounded like a bad coilpack/module to me, glad you got it figured out relatively easy. I had a hard time finding plug wires locally that would fit. Just an FYI, if you can wait a few days for them Red Armstrong at Quad Air has some really good TR plug wires that fit perfect for like 30 bucks shipped. Good Luck!

Mark

i dont mind waiting a few days.. i have other means of transportation... do they have a website?

Originally posted by svtnos
i dont mind waiting a few days.. i have other means of transportation... do they have a website?

Just look at the sig :eek: ;) :p :D .

I dont think they have a website but you can call them:

Quad Air, Inc. - Red Armstrong
7161 Fitch Road, Olmstead, OH 44138
1 (440) 235 3232 (10am-3pm ET M-F)

Turbo V6 performance products, PROMS, pumps, volt boosters, turbos, stock appearing products

I just ordered a set, they are great and they fit. They fixed a miss I had, so I am really happy with them:)