You can type here any text you want

aftermarket bracing underhood/suspension

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BOOSTEDGNs

when I had my mustang I had griggs racing for all my needs now my gn is another beast entirely
Im looking for similiar stuff as I did on my mustang
torque arm/panhard bars under hood tower braces etc

anyone know of good sites to research this kind of stuff?
I appreciate any and all input on this thread
I already have my vette not trying to compare my apple to my orange just want to make it a tad better

Alan

GNX suspension

The GNX suspension that Kirban makes is pin-connected to the chassis (and fixed to the pumpkin). They call it a torque arm, but I'll bite my lip and cram a sweaty sock in my mouth and simply say that their marketing guy couldn't spell 'traction'.

In the side view, the pinned chassis end really wants to be the Instant Center, but it gets some argument from the convergence of the LCA's and the traction arm centerlline. If not for bushing compliance (and/or making the traction arm chassis pivot nearly line up in side view with the LCA chassis pivots), that suspension arrangement would be all but immobile in two wheel bump modes (though that may not make a difference at the strip).

It's a rather short piece, but it should be possible to correct the chassis end in such a way as to permit fore/aft 'plunge' or 'dive'. Either replacing the bushing and lateral pin with a longitudinal piece of round stock or connecting the existing end to the chassis through a vertical link should work.

Or simply use the Kirban/GNX pumpkin attachment for its upper arm mount only. That arm design attaches above and below the axle centerline to develop the side view moment restraint, and those attachments do not line up in the rear view.

Anyway, maybe you could ignore their arm entirely and make your own proper 3rd link and mount the front end of it where you want it to be. You might be able to work something up with the existing chassis side UCA brackets, and IIRC, you'd already have a slight amount of offset to the passenger side. You'd even be reducing the tendency to open up the diff gasket surfaces at the bottom of the pumpkin under power, an issue that might show up over time at power levels much beyond stock GNX.

...just my .05

Back