You can type here any text you want

Ahh No Reverse Lights!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mikejustowns

When I put my 84 Regal Limited in Reverse the back up lights dont come on. The bulbs are both good. What else should I check.

Thanks. I know some cars have the switch on the tranny. So I'll check the column. The fuse is good tho.

it is the switch at the bottom of the column i got mine at autozone neutral dr403 is the part no. 8.99 it fixed my problem i have had my car for 5 yrs without backup light this yr will be the first.

Attachments

• neutral switch.jpg
    neutral switch.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 180
it is the switch at the bottom of the column i got mine at autozone neutral dr403 is the part no. 8.99 it fixed my problem i have had my car for 5 yrs without backup light this yr will be the first.

Bottom of the column inside the car? Sorry haven't had a chance to look yet. I'll order the part tomorrow.

It's adjustable so it may not be defective.

Make sure all the wires are on it however.

Two pin connector light green is the output in R, dark blue is the feed, make sure the key is ON for testing.

bottom of the column that is where it is mounted. the contacts wear out if you buy a new one and compare against yours and you will see what i mean.

Nice thanks guys. Just got the wisdom teeth out. The repair doesnt sound too bad. I'll try to test the part out tomorrow.

I'm sure it will be much easier than wisdom teeth extraction. :eek:

I wouldn't try to go in there without lots of painkillers. :biggrin:

I'm sure it will be much easier than wisdom teeth extraction. :eek:

I wouldn't try to go in there without lots of painkillers. :biggrin:

Yeah I agree. I put new wheels on today and did some work on my sound system. HOpefully I will conquer the reverse lights tomorrow.

Typically it will just be out of adjustment as mentioned - it simply rotates from side to side for adjustment. The root cause however is usually worn bushings in the backdrive linkage from the transmission.

Typically it will just be out of adjustment as mentioned - it simply rotates from side to side for adjustment. The root cause however is usually worn bushings in the backdrive linkage from the transmission.

Thanks for the input. Still havent got to the darn thing. Its too cold up here in Mass. :rolleyes:

Once it gets a little warmer I'll check it out.

Back