You can type here any text you want

Air Bubbles In Reservoir

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

buickbob

I have a 86 GN thats getting air bubbles in the one half of the master cylinder reservoir. It is the power master brake system and I did have to replace a couple of brake lines that blew out. I bled the system and made sure the rear brakes are adjusted. The brake light is still coming on when I apply the brakes and the pedal goes down about 1/3 of the way. Other than that it seems to stop fine.

I just bought the car and had it towed to my house. The brake light was coming on and the PM motor was running for a few seconds prior to any work I did to the brakes.

Get yourself an accumulator then and try it,just pump system pressure down before changing out.About 10 pumps on pedal will do.always good to have spare accum ball on hand.Reguardless make sure all air has been bled out first.Souds like motor isnt running long,which leads toward accum ball first. Good luck all these parts are costly.For the cost of accum plus afew extra bucks you could rid yourself of this system by going w/a vac system.Red RegalT on this site sells them.Kirban is selling accum balls again.

I've been suspecting the accumulater all along , just been in denial. How do I find this Red Regal person? thanks Bob.

Back