You can type here any text you want

Air Conditioner wiring harness ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbotaone

Is the AC wiring harness specific to the TTA? I was at the salvage yard today looking at several Trans Ams and firebirds(82-88)and there were a couple connectors(blower motor and relay)on the AC harnesses that were different than mine. I couldn't find any 89 Trans Ams or Firebirds however,would that be the year that I need?

Thanks
James

The AC harness should be the same on all 82-92 some changes have most certanly been done over the 10 year would have to compare the schematics to find out also some TA's / GTA's had the electronic dash and the AC controls where push button style so that harness would be different I suspect. The part of the harness in the engine compartment looked the same on my 84 as it does in my TTA (at least the connectors etc). DO you need to replace the whole harness for the AC?

Thanks Jan, I was hoping that you would reply. Yes I need to replace the entire harness and it looks like it will be a real fun job.
You might not remember when I caught my engine on fire last winter, but the AC harness got burnt pretty bad. It looks to me like I'll have to remove a lot of the dash and duct work in order to snake the harness in through the firewall. I'm I correct, or is there an easier way?

Thanks
James

Back