You can type here any text you want

Air conditioning trouble

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DOUGGN

My a/c stopped working - recharged it and it works fine, but the system has a leak. I have a reputable repair shop but they don't do a lot of turbo buicks. Is there anything special about the a/c on a turbo car or is it pretty much like repairing a regular regal? Any help would be great - got an appointment for thursday morning for the shop to check it out.

get them to put in some dye and there will be no trouble finding the leak.

The only thing "different" I guess is that the A/C hoses that cross the radiator are no longer available. If those are leaking, you will need to get them rebuilt (new rubber sections), it's less than $100 though. There's a vendor that claims to have "new" ones, but if they are indeed GM - no way to know how old (brittle/dry, etc) the rubber hose sections are, and the original rubber formulation may not play nice with R134a.

The only thing "different" I guess is that the A/C hoses that cross the radiator are no longer available. If those are leaking, you will need to get them rebuilt (new rubber sections), it's less than $100 though. There's a vendor that claims to have "new" ones, but if they are indeed GM - no way to know how old (brittle/dry, etc) the rubber hose sections are, and the original rubber formulation may not play nice with R134a.
I'm still using R-12

very basic GM a/c system. Most convert to R134, works fine and R12 is a dinosaur. Nothing the shop should have any problems with.

Local Ford dealer did mine, it was leaking at the high pressure schrader valve.

compressor seals leaking - having a hard time finding a compressor with the serpentine pulley instead of the v-belt locally.

Back