You can type here any text you want

Air dam question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tta1401

Anyone know where I can get the 3 peice air dam that goes under the front clip? Is that TTA specific?

TIA,

Yes the air dam is TTA specific and are probably no longer
available from GM(you can check). However, if you go down
a few threads on this board to "Keeping the TTA cool" you
will see where trading t/a suggests using a Iroc/Z28 air dam
instead. He explains how to notch the center section of the
dam for the intercooler and that these air dams work better
than the TTA dams. I assume the Iroc/Z28 air dams are still
available from GM.

James

Thanks. I will take a look and I will call GM to see if they have one available.

Not a problem.:cool: Got some other issues to take care of on my car, like getting it started.:mad:

That looks like it would work. I just have to figure out how to mount it because all of my mounting tabs are missing.

The kit says that it comes with the screws and clips.
Unless you mean that the holes where the clips go are
broke out, which I've seen happen before.

James

I did this to mine. I just cut a notch and did a few modifications to the scoop to get it to hold in. Cheap fix.

Oh, and from the way I understand it. This is a little on the engineering side of things. THe Air Dam DOES NOT force air accross the Radiator, but prevents hot air from the engine bay from reachign to the front of the radiator from under the car. If this would happen the radiator fans would then suck hot air accross the radiator. A Moving fluid(air in this case) has a lower pressure than a non moving fluid. So, the air under the hood is nto moving with the velocity of the air under the car. Thefore without this pressure ridge formed by te air dam (hence the use of the word dam... holding somethign back) the hot air would push its way out into the area to be sucked up... this way the radiato fans can create a presser differential across the radiator and suck cool air that has not mixed with the underhood air. Also have you ever noticed that the Thirdgen F-Bodies is one of the very few cars that have no direct air passage to the radiator? Look around next time you are driving down the road. I can't think of another car like this off the top of my head except the Corvette, and some years did.

Yea, it is the holes where metal clips go that are missing. I was going to ask someone about why my car runs really cool when cruising even when I don't have my air dam there. Well I will let you know how it goes whenever I get around to it. Too damn busy!:mad: :cool:

Back