You can type here any text you want

Air Lift vs Firestone Air Springs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

eagleguy

I have decided to wrap up my exhaust near the rear springs and install some air bags. Does anyone have a preference regarding Air Lift or Firestone air springs? I used the Airlift on a 71 Skylark I had with no problem but hear the Firestone brand may be of a better quality, They are pretty close in price

Last edited:
The Air Lift bags go inside the coil springs and they are the ones you want . They are mainly use for stiffening the right side of the car during a hard launch to keep both tires planted . Some guys only use a right side bag only just for that purpose . I have them on both sides and adjust as needed . Sam

The Air Lift bags go inside the coil springs and they are the ones you want . They are mainly use for stiffening the right side of the car during a hard launch to keep both tires planted . Some guys only use a right side bag only just for that purpose . I have them on both sides and adjust as needed . Sam
I was looking at the Firestone 4114 which also go inside the spring.

Single Airlift here..........never had and issue. Bought off board member used, and been on my car 4-5 yrs now.

I thought I had read somewhere that Firestone manufactures them all.

I thought I had read somewhere that Firestone manufactures them all.
They do look identical except for color . Can't go wrong with either , I guess it's which color do you like best .

Have you tried looking for a pair of ATR bags? They also go inside the springs. I've had mine installed for 15+ years without any issues.
IMG_20170101_162527615.jpg

Last edited:
Back