You can type here any text you want

Alcohol- an option??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Chevota

Any of you guys run, or know somebody that runs methanol in their GN motor?? My reason for asking is that it's that time of year again to get mine smogged and I'm beginning to wonder if it'd be cheaper to switch fuel instead of trying to find somebody to illegally smog my vehicle. Cali is notorious for smog laws but they do have this option of being smog exempt if you run an alternative fuel. What are my options? I know about the corrosive effects but was just wondering if these turbo v6's respond well to this type of fuel. It doesn't sound like it'd be too difficult and any opinions/feedback would be greatly appreciated.

scott wile

Get a big fuel pump and some big injectors! :) I know of a couple of people who are experimenting with this on Stage motors. Don Wang in San Diego had his on methanol before it succumbed to CrankusonGroundus disease. ;)

Originally posted by KendallF
Get a big fuel pump and some big injectors! :) I know of a couple of people who are experimenting with this on Stage motors. Don Wang in San Diego had his on methanol before it succumbed to CrankusonGroundus disease. ;)
Yeah, I think you'll burn twice the fuel. If memory serves me, methanol requires half the O2 to burn while Nitro requires like a 10th the O2. Basically you can stuff more alcohol into the motor with the same volume of air. I know you need more injector with Ethanol but I don't think it's twice as with methanol.

This link may help you regarding running a GN on alcohol.

http://www.drwtransmission.com/gnpage.htm

Back