You can type here any text you want

Alcohol Buick V6 ver.2.0

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Alky V6

Let's go racing, boyz!
This vid was taken of my car at the WCN 2005 by XxDarksidexX.

http://www.drwtransmission.com/Videos/Las Vegas 2005/vegas2005bbb.wmv

235 (two hundred THIRTY five) CID. 22 psi boost with a T76 Q trim. Short shifted 3rd by mistake. Nitrous oxide used to spool up (0.400 sec. shot duration). Fuel is 100% methanol. Car weight is 3337 lbs. with driver. 10.5" slick. Transbrake Turbo 400 with 3200 stall Neal Chance T/C.

yea I remeber that!

Vegas trip - couple hundred dollars
gambling and alky - few more hundred
but watching your transmission builder fly the thru the traps hitting 9's - PRICELESS!
You gotta love how effortlessly Don's car just quietly flys thru the traps!

Kool Vid. Seems Like That Car Is Going So Much Faster Then The Time Represented.... Whos Car?

One of the first outings with the car late in 2004. The tune up on the car did not include nitrous oxide to spool the turbo at this point. I was still finalizing the mapping of the fuel volumetric efficiency table and was testing the THM200C transmission for high horsepower use. Shift points were around 6,600 rpm and the max boost was set at 18 psi using a T70 Turbonetics turbocharger. I was generating around 800HP at that time and you can hear the high clutch of the transmission straining to catch hold. CRANK IT UP!

http://www.drwtransmission.com/Videos/Vids102604/Wizard Plays.wmv

Wow, That Thing Is Crankin! Has That Tranny Held Up? Curious To Know Why You Would Need Nitrous To Spool A 70? Its A Stage Motor? Right.... Thanx...

Stage I magic

Wow, That Thing Is Crankin! Has That Tranny Held Up? Curious To Know Why You Would Need Nitrous To Spool A 70? Its A Stage Motor? Right.... Thanx...
Just before the WCN in Vegas I had finished some major changes. Dumped the 200C for a transbrake 400, had to have the T/C input spline changed over, installed a HKS 60mm wastegate, and installed a T76 to replace the T70 that I had ruined by running some spark plug porcelin through it. That happened because I tried to keep the nitrous on for the whole run, and that has happened only ONCE. Actually, that Vegas weekend, I was still tuning in the new setup. I was running 22 psi boost with room to increase 3 to 4 more psi.

I'm running a short stroke engine (3.06"), tuned length exhaust system (29 inches of primary tubing), large A/R ratio turbine housing (.96), a large duration cam (252 int, 260 exh @ .050"), a turbo 400 first gear ratio along with a low stall T/C (3200 rpm). None of that is condusive to spooling a turbo. It's t?ts for top end performance, but the nitrous was needed to get the thing out of the hole. And really, from the start, the complete engine setup was planned around the use of nitrous oxide for initial spooling. In the second video I posted, I was not using nitrous. You'll notice the long turbo lag time before the engine reaches its tuned rpm range and then wham, the thing takes off like a raped ape.

The engine is a Stage One setup using 1st generation M&A heads. The heads were max ported only. They still have the small valves sizes that they came with. 1.85 intake and 1.5 exhaust.

Thats An Interesting Approach. Wow, 3200 Stall! Is The Nitrous Operated By A Progressive Controller By Rpm? if so, what rpm? When Does It Shut Off? How Much Nitrous Are You Throwing At It?

Thats An Interesting Approach. Wow, 3200 Stall! Is The Nitrous Operated By A Progressive Controller By Rpm? if so, what rpm? When Does It Shut Off? How Much Nitrous Are You Throwing At It?
The nitrous is activated by the EMS at 3300 rpm/ 4 psi boost/ full throttle. Having it activated at 3300 rpm gives me a soft launch off the transbrake. Helps to keep parts from scattering. It is shut off by a precision pressure switch (16 psi). The system is setup with jets calculated to produce 200 HP with gasoline. Since my system runs alcohol the HP of the system is less. I figure it is around 80 HP.

Awesome vids. Lets see this motor run!!!
alkypics6.jpg

Jason

It should be back together late January. The last of the parts are do in next week.

An updated engine pic.

Attachments

• IMGP0174_resize.JPG
    IMGP0174_resize.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 512
Great vids! Definitely a strong runner you have.. Good job:cool:

Looks good Don. Is that a aluminum block in the updated pic??:eek:

-scott wile

Back