You can type here any text you want

Alcohol Buick V6 ver.2.0

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Yes sir, it is. I understand you're a big aluminum block fan too. :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMGP0175_resize.JPG
    IMGP0175_resize.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 435
I've heard those same rumors!:D Gotta love the silver spray paint;) How much rpm drop are you getting with that convertor with the new motor? I'm only getting about 600 and looking for more. Then again, I shift mine at only 5500 and go through at 6400.

-scott wile

Without checking my datalogs, I believe it's a 1200 to 1300 rpm drop. I shift at 7400, drops to 61??, and goes through the traps at over 7800. T/C slippage is 9 to 10 percent. The torque multiplication factor is tamed down quite a bit to control the launch attitude. You'll notice the front wheels really don't lift much. Just forward movement. A good drop between shifts is 1,000 rpm.

Correction: The intake valve size on the M&A head is 1.835". Not the 1.850" I posted earlier. Ooops.

Just before the WCN in Vegas I had finished some major changes. Dumped the 200C for a transbrake 400, had to have the T/C input spline changed over, installed a HKS 60mm wastegate, and installed a T76 to replace the T70 that I had ruined by running some spark plug porcelin through it. That happened because I tried to keep the nitrous on for the whole run, and that has happened only ONCE. Actually, that Vegas weekend, I was still tuning in the new setup. I was running 22 psi boost with room to increase 3 to 4 more psi.

I'm running a short stroke engine (3.06"), tuned length exhaust system (29 inches of primary tubing), large A/R ratio turbine housing (.96), a large duration cam (252 int, 260 exh @ .050"), a turbo 400 first gear ratio along with a low stall T/C (3200 rpm). None of that is condusive to spooling a turbo. It's t?ts for top end performance, but the nitrous was needed to get the thing out of the hole. And really, from the start, the complete engine setup was planned around the use of nitrous oxide for initial spooling. In the second video I posted, I was not using nitrous. You'll notice the long turbo lag time before the engine reaches its tuned rpm range and then wham, the thing takes off like a raped ape.

The engine is a Stage One setup using 1st generation M&A heads. The heads were max ported only. They still have the small valves sizes that they came with. 1.85 intake and 1.5 exhaust.
Donnie, I'm also using the 1st generation M & A heads. Mine came off Bob pettersons old cream colored "six shooter" car. They say my heads have gone 8.60's ?? they are some killer looking heads.. Nice run BTW. Scot w.

Donnie, I'm also using the 1st generation M & A heads. Mine came off Bob pettersons old cream colored "six shooter" car. They say my heads have gone 8.60's ?? they are some killer looking heads.. Nice run BTW. Scot w.
Have the valve sizes been increased with your set of heads or are they still the original size?

Have the valve sizes been increased with your set of heads or are they still the original size?
To be honest, I don't know! the heads were put back on with new reciver grooved gaskets just before I bought it. So I really did'nt want to replace the gaskets again and was going to leave them on. here is a pic of them

I like the design of that Hemco. Not as pretty as others, but it sure looks like they did the right thing to get the flow correct.

His car is 100% unque, Custom everything almost. The sound, the ride and the speed is just incredable and comletly original.

Really, Don has contributed a shi t load to the buick community, I wish he would move up closer so I can visit with him more often so i can take advantage of his brain, in a good way:cool: Everytime i talk to him he has tried or attempted something new and custom. He always has his OWN input which he brings to the table, everyday through posting and his tranny work @ his shop. His advanced theory thread is absolutly filled with huge amounts of tips and hint to his tunning. He is 100% open for discussion and I just like how he strives for it. You can tell he just loves grand nations/v6 turbos/and i think that he has developed quite an ALKY habbit:eek: :smile: and his dedication is seemly endless. No holding back with Don! It would be an honor to run at a track with you someday Don!

merry x mas Don and tell your son and wife merry x mas for me.

btw Don, I have that video with DVD quality. It's in my pile of GN tapes I've never released which will all come out soon. And you know my policy, if your the GN in the video your video is FREE! I got a new computer that can handle this kinda of high quality video editing, and during the holidays I'm gonna try to go through the box. I think ive got about 3-7 hrs of runs total, including a rare Florida GN meeting with Julio(my mom lives in florida) from last xmas in 05, and many Eastcoast guys on this board. Razor and Red Regal T said I was easy to spot when I meet them, I guess my sandels gave it away lol. They thought i was crazy for wearing them in the 50 degree weather, but beer solves more problems then one would think!

darkside

XxDarksidexX!! I would love to have a copy of that night. Yeah, including the blow up. And thanks for the kind words. I will pass on the good wishes to the family.

You know, my only aim is that I can share something, anything that will move others to use their creative juices to come up with new and interesting projects. I could be wrong in my perception, but it just seems to me that the Buick community is lagging behind some of the other car interest groups and I would love to see the Buick get that great recognition back. Dick's latest accomplishment is absolutely amazing, both in the feat and in the sacrifice that those involved in the project must have gone through. I salute them all, and thank them all for showing the world that the Buicks are still a power to be reckoned with. And maybe, hopefully, we'll see some others setting great goals and making them reality. That would be most exciting for me. My feeling is, the more we share amongst each other, the more success everyone can have, with the least amount of carnage in the bone yard. That can only end up moving the Buick community forward.

The club plans to visit Irwindale more often this coming year. Maybe we'll see you up there between homework assignments. Happy holidays to the movie man, and everyone else out there in digiland.

Yeah, including the blow up video
Yes i do have the blow up video, where you acted like the pro you are and pulled over right away min. damage to car and the track in vegas. This also helps the clean up crew because less mess=less clean up, and most importantly it keeps the flow or pace up in extremly testing events like the winter nationals! Shows that you truly do repect the race sence and everyone invovled!

but it just seems to me that the Buick community is lagging behind some of the other car interest groups and I would love to see the Buick get that great recognition back..
ANT THAT THE TRUTH! 100% Sad to see it too but we will come back dont worry. When my car comes back, I have some pretty interesting plans as far as meetings, events, races, which i will start promoting again. Gn's are on the come back Don, and I am extremly happy your down for the cause.

Showing the world that the Buicks are still a power to be reckoned with. That would be most exciting for me. My feeling is, the more we share amongst each other, the more success everyone can have, with the least amount of carnage in the bone yard. That can only end up moving the Buick community forward.
Don I really love that attitude, it really is so positive. Which is another reason im commenting. It gets me excited about the possibilities of what is to come. When my gn comes back, I will be doing the movie @ the track thing full on, with some friends. As you said, the more the marrier, and the more marrier we are with eachother, the more successfull our Buicks will be with the LEAST amount of carnage. By working together we can accomplish, in my opinion almost anything.

One great thing about the media, I found is that based off the video's findings and angles some peoeple have been able to make adjustments they couldn't before. This is satisfing enough for me, and is a main reason for me doing so. But most of all i did it for myself, I hated and still hate watching crappy ass online video's of our SEXY GNS! I have a nice computer and LCD screen and speakers (the whole 9 yards) and it ALWAYS pissed me off the OTHER cars muscle/imports too for years now would HAVE SICK movies for download on their forums, and we didn't really have to much to show at all for ALL our FRUITS of LABOR! So using tech. and staying update is awsome DON, keep up the great work. Plus watching an HD video of yourself racing is pretty bad ass too :) from what I HEAR haha. And people enjoy watching quailty video, the high resolution stuff is wonderfull.

1 race @ a 1/4 track in HD video dvd format is about 300megabits or MB's or 300MB however you like to read it, thats pretty big. I think right now the 1 single race of a GN that is the biggest size would be 600MB, for just 1 race. The smallest video currently in my library of personal video's is about 150MB. I like working with the good stuff.

You can be the smartest GN guy in the world, but with no promotion or Emedia know wont get very far!

Back