alky chip but not running alky, when do you see knock?

N2ORBT

Ok guys, I do have an alky kit and I'm not asking u guys to do a wot run with no alky. But I'm trying to Chase down a problem of sudden loss of power due to an intercooler hose blowing off at 20psi and think my timing is messed up now. This was a last resort test but I turned off my alkycontrol kit with my TT alky chip and I'm able to get up to 15psi boost before slight knock starts to show. IMHO that's a lot of boost to run without much knock given there's no alky being sprayed and the high timing of the chip. Does this coincide with my suspicion my timing is off? Car feels sluggish and low on power.

Ok guys, I do have an alky kit and I'm not asking u guys to do a wot run with no alky. But I'm trying to Chase down a problem of sudden loss of power due to an intercooler hose blowing off at 20psi and think my timing is messed up now. This was a last resort test but I turned off my alkycontrol kit with my TT alky chip and I'm able to get up to 15psi boost before slight knock starts to show. IMHO that's a lot of boost to run without much knock given there's no alky being sprayed and the high timing of the chip. Does this coincide with my suspicion my timing is off? Car feels sluggish and low on power.

Tuning is a function of watching/adjusting air fuel and adjusting timing. The chip does the timing. So the question really is what air fuel is the car running when it feels sluggish.

Example if its running 11.0:1 air fuel at 20 PSI.. then look at timing for an issue. Although timing is controlled by the reluctor on the balancer. And its a pressed on part, so chances of it being off.. are slim.

just got my wideband and scanmaster today, so will go from there. If has loss of power at all power levels. feels about as fast as a stock GN. When im at 15lbs of boost it feels like Im at 5 lbs of boost before the intercooler hose blew off. Car is just sluggish all around. Revs slower, spools slower. Checked the spark, injectors, wires, vacuum hoses, ran a digital guage on all headers and everything looks great. Oil looks good, no coolant loss. Happened right after the hose blew off. It runs good, drives good, no codes, but my butt dyno fells like im missing 80HP at all levels.