Alky Red/Green light

TTA81

Razor or any one else, I hope you can help me. Just lately as I drive the GN around normally not in boost, I 've been noticing the light flicker intermittently red. Sometimes green but not as much as the red. And as it flickers, I hear a click it conjunction with the flicker. Is this a ground issue? When i get in boost, its normal- red up to 10 psi and green past that. The tank is full and the "test" works fine. The car sputters when I press it at idle. Any suggestions?

James

Two things can cuase the LED to come on.

Input from MAP(green wire), or power issue(B+,GND)

I would disconnect the green wire leading to the PAC and see if the problem goes away. If so... then its a MAP sensor issue. If it still does it then a poor ground or power connection.

Hope this helps

Razor,
I haven't been able to diagnose this yet. However I have run into another problem. When the key is turned to the "run" position (engine not running), I can hear the alky pump running and squirting methanol in the intake. I can see the fluid level drain as the pump runs. What could be the problem?:confused: I have it turned off now (don't want to waste it) and it is usually set at "7".

MAP sensor issue. Either it has lost ground, plug is dirty, etc.

Green signal wire froim MAP to PAC controller must read 1.6 volts DC Key ON.

I bet it reads much higher cuasing your problems. Could be a bad MAP sensor, but typically its bad connections at the sensor.

Razor,
Both problems are fixed!!:D It turned out to be the wiring connector to the MAP sensor (dirty connectors). I took out each connector w/ a GM weatherpak removal tool, cleaned each out with electrical cleaner, installed and no more problems. Thanks for all your help...you and your products ROCK!!

James

I know its a old thread but adding my 2 cents for future fixes, searches, etc.

I was having the light/led flicker as well. Couldnt see it in the day only at night.

Fix for mine was cleaning and resecuring the pump motor to the bracket and bracket to the bumper brace. As well as clean the ground ring terminal.

One of the small screw holding the pump to brace was loose. Had a trans cooler line blow off a while back and some of the fluid migrated to these connections and wasnt helping either.