You can type here any text you want

Alky tuning strategy with XFI

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
Thought i'd throw this out there for those that like to tinker.

Since there is the ability to run multiple maps through a change of a switch, ie the TW. I have a different thought.

Run a street program whereby the resolution selected is concentrated on the lower rpm areas. This will allow better zero'ing in of fueling at low speeds and part throttle. In other words make the spacing in the RPMs like 200-250 RPMs from 600, 800, 1000, 1.2, 1.4, etc..-2k for example. That way the bubble can have better resolution. And the upper tables <5k can have larger amounts of fuel and lower timing. Follow me so far.

Now the race program will have the RPM's concentrated in the upper end. Like 5600,5800,6000,6200,6400, etc.. So far so good. As well as higher timing.

The alky system uses a pressure switch that can be tied into a relay. Once the system develops pressure, it flips to the race program. So cruising the alky is off your in the street mode.. stand on the gas pedal, alky makes pressure.. flip it to the high timing, high resolution race map.

I'd like to get the boost control feature figured out on the XFI. So we can run a low tension gate and allow it to control boost as well. On the AEM this is possible. And would then add one additional layer of protection. Maybe FAST can do the feedback deal.. that would really make it sweet.

Just tossing ideas out ;)

How quickly and smoothly does the xfi change maps? Sure would hate to get an occasional miss or backfire from the change, with the change coming after the boost is up. Does the xfi manual say anything about only changing maps with the engine not running, or other warnings?

Its being done already with the AEM setups and nobody has complained.

Its like activating nitrous.. thats where the map changes come into place, IOW its designed to do this. Unlike a TW on a stock computer.

Sorry Razor good idea but this is how it works.

25.1 Cal. Channel Override
The ECU has the ability to store four calibration files. They are stored in the ECU’s memory in locations referred to as 0, 1, 2 and 3. The calibration file the ECU will run on is user selectable with a switch (wired to pins B and C in the DIAGNOSTIC connector on the harness). The Cal. Channel Override setting can be used to force the ECU to run on the calibration file stored in location 1, 2 or 3 regardless of the switch position. Enter 1, 2 or 3 to select the calibration file stored in the corresponding place in the ECU’s memory. Or enter 0 to allow the switch to control calibration file selection. Note that to use the calibration file in memory location 0, the Cal. Channel Override parameter must be set to 0 and the switch must be set to 0, or left disconnected.

When the ECU is keyed on, it will load and run on one of the four calibration files stored in the ECU’s memory. The position of the calibration file selector switch - or the Cal. Channel Override setting - determines which calibration file is loaded. Changing the position of the calibration file selector switch – or the Cal. Channel Override setting – while the ECU is powered up will not affect the running of the motor since calibration files are only loaded at key-on. It will, however, cause the ECU to load a calibration file from a different memory location at the next key-on.

You might want to try to use the Power adder, Trigger it with your pressure switch and use th PA tables for fuel.

On the AEM you can flip to a nitrous MAP, ie power adder that then adds timing, boost, corrections, etc.

Ohh well.. to bad.. so if you have a TW and select a street program and a race program on two different settings.. then the only way to flip between the two is shutting of the ignition, flipping the switch, then ign on again.

Unless using the power adder.. but that can only add fuel and timing changes

Interesting way of doing the changes. I will have to try switching maps via an input on my GEN 7 and see if it works.

Back