alkycontrol voltage question

berserker6

Assistant to the regional manager
Chasing something not right. Used to be I'd hit the test button in the driveway (it would bog) and the system would be "primed" and ready for the rest of my drive and I'd have zero knock. Now its become I need to hit the test button if I know I'll be in boost within the next minute or so. If I forget to "prime" a little knock shows up and I get out of it. It does still bog hitting test. So I've begun troubleshooting. I dont see a leak. I'm not losing any alky volume from the tank. Wasnt sure if alky was flowing back to the pump from the spray nozzle leaving the line empty. Or if the pump is getting lazy. No I dont have the alkycontrol tester. One thing I did see is 4.69 volts at the connector down by the pump with the controller set at 8 when hitting test.Thought I remembered reading I'm supposed to have 5 volts there? Is that the issue? Tried calling julio but hes out til 2/3

TTT. With the controller set to 8 and hitting the test button what should I be seeing at the pump a full 12 volts? I'm only seeing 4.69

Will order a tester. In the meantime pulling the plug from the pump, with the controller set to 8 and pushing the test button what voltage should I be seeing? I'm only getting 4.6v That can't be right

When I got the car it had an alsy system on it already. The previous owner had it wired with a push connector (female electral edn) to one of the hot in run of the fuse box.
Talked to Julilo and he said was my setup I should be seeing 110 pounds behind the first nozzle but only had about 70.

I rewired it better and improved the ground between that and replacing the two-year-old pump now have 110 pounds like he said.

I did check at the box and was only getting 11.6 volts. So that with a questionable wiring may have been my problem.

How old is the pump ?

When I got the car it had an alsy system on it already. The previous owner had it wired with a push connector (female electral edn) to one of the hot in run of the fuse box.
Talked to Julilo and he said was my setup I should be seeing 110 pounds behind the first nozzle but only had about 70.

I rewired it better and improved the ground between that and replacing the two-year-old pump now have 110 pounds like he said.

I did check at the box and was only getting 11.6 volts. So that with a questionable wiring may have been my problem.

How old is the pump ?
Pump is about 4 years old. Until recently I didn't know a lot of pumps are replaced or rebuilt after 2 yrs. Haven't had time in awhile to get back at it but whether a find a loose ground or whatever the pumps being replaced.

Need the test kit Julio sells, Power logger (with the correct sensor) or FAST system (with the correct sensor) to get a reading for the pressure.