All 206-206 Cam users

SpoolinGN

I have a 206 cam for precision and i checked my vacum on the car and i got about 14. Is that good? What all your vacum readings with this cam, because iam trying to find if i have a vacum leak or not.

Thanks
Scott

I installed a 206 roller and my car idles funny and even stalls sometimes when hot. I'm going to check blm's and see what they are at. I just got a scanmaster. all other settings appear normal. how do you measure for vacuum?

George

If the smaller cam-higher vacuum, bigger cam-less vacuum holds true I don't know. My 218 held 14 at idle in drive so I guess it isn't too bad. How does it run?:D

( True) The bigger the cam the lower the vac.. My buddy has a bitch of a time stopping with the 224/224 he has in his buick..:eek:
Your readings sounds right on the money.;)
Matt

For a 206/206 roller or flat tappet, does not sound very good. We get 17-18 from both. Even a 214/210 we get 17.

Most 206's, and have used a LOT, idle and sound like a stocker.

I have about 300 miles on a new rebuild, weber 206-206, i was tuning just yesterday, setting the IAC and Tps, the vacuum was right at 15.5 to 16 inches

Wait a minute... my feeble brain forgot something. I thought my vacuum readings were low so when I switched gauges, found out that the first gauge was off. My actual vacuum reading was 16".
Call it a senior moment. :p

IMO, 14 is not that bad... How many miles on the motor? My motor was a stocker with 90,000 on it when I put that cam in it..
:cool:

Motor was rebuilt last year and have about 10,000 on it. I am checking for any leaks because i set my IACs at about 20 in park, and TPS at .40 and the car idles low and stubbles and sounds like it wants to die but stays going. My BL are very high at 135 and goes to 150 and i was told that the motor thinks it is lean so richens the mixture, plus my MAF is around 8-9. I can't figure it out and i am trying to get the car to idle smooth and not tose the car when it sits there.

Thanks for all the info
Scott

Originally posted by SpoolinGN
Motor was rebuilt last year and have about 10,000 on it. I am checking for any leaks because i set my IACs at about 20 in park, and TPS at .40 and the car idles low and stubbles and sounds like it wants to die but stays going. My BL are very high at 135 and goes to 150 and i was told that the motor thinks it is lean so richens the mixture, plus my MAF is around 8-9. I can't figure it out and i am trying to get the car to idle smooth and not tose the car when it sits there.

Thanks for all the info
Scott

Scott, I am having the same problem as you but my blm's are around 128 and af is at 6 and it still idles funny when it warms up.
let me know if you find anything. I also reset my iac.

George

Idle???

Have either one of you guys changed cam sensors? Do you ever get any kick back on the starter when starting the car?:)

208/208 cam, found a leak and now vacuum is damn near where it was with the stocker...18ish at idle.
HTH
Jim

Re: Idle???

Originally posted by m233roller
Have either one of you guys changed cam sensors? Do you ever get any kick back on the starter when starting the car?:)

I have the 206/206 and have changed my cam sensor with the same vacuum..What do u mean by the starter "kicking back"?? Something u had to fix?? Thanks for any info!

I asked someone if i should change the sensor and i was told there was no reason too. I haven't experinced starter kick back, but i had the car popping back through the airfilter, and made the boost gauge in the dash go crazy.

You think the old sensor is the problem of the rough idle and low vaccuum?

Thanks for all the help so far

Scott

206 and Bad Idle

Guys be sure and check your timing. Car will run fine off idle but will idle rough and sometimes kick back on the starter if it's 180 degrees out!!!;)

Whats the fastest and easiest way to find a vacuum leak?

I remember a post on here where a guy didn't get air through the dash vents when air or heat was on. I am experiencing that same problem and i was trying to remember if it was a vacuum leak or not. If it is where could i find the problem?

Thanks
Scott