All possible solutions to hot wire a g-body? For our protection..

Torx

PLEASE DONT TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY

Im looking to examine all possible solutions to hot wire or bypass ignition wires to protect for my benefit. Im not familiar with the ignition system and means of bypass so i need to know exactly what areas i need to protect.

I have a regal, not a turbo, so my methods may be more basic.

What i think is a good idea is to electrical tape all the wires under the dash, i mean hell, ive never spliced any of them or plan on adding anything else to the electrical system so they are of no use now. And ive already got an alarm installed.

So what i wanna do, and to just throw out some ideas is..
Electrical tape all or most of the wre sets under the dash and conceal in loom.
AND
I wanna fabricate a steel or metal plate that bolts to the underdash concealing fuse box and wires.

I think these are some good ideas for us, especially those with expensive GNs
If we got column shields, a theif is gonna want to hotwire. The taped wires should confuse a theif. And if protected by a metal plate, they wouldnt be able to access anyways.

So tell me what i need to protect from hotwire.
Thanks.

old school was to cut the a wire under the dash(you now which one) and hide the switch to it , this was used by most alarm makers and most factory systems and dealer installs , is not news to theives so i dont see how its effective ,

there are so many sytems in our cars that are critical to having it run , find a couple to make a break in critical system wires and conceal the connections and add a couple dummies , run them to a multipin connector using difernt color wires and then wire the male end with the jumpers to be used as a key and take it with you everytime you step out of the car , this will make reconnection of these circuits nearly impossible without the key you made , they can bust what they will around the column and hotwire it to crank all they want and but without the key you have with you with the correct wiring on it it will never start , that still doesnt mean it cant be stolen but it increasses the odds your car will still be where you left it

if you go to gnttype.org theres a couple good ideas on this and because you decide what you want to have killed no two sytems for theft control could be alike so no secrets will be in the theives hands .

Kill switch for the fp and the relay, PCM, or even remove the PCM :D
With a combination of these, no one will drive off in your car, but doesn't prevent it from being towed...so get a LoJack and a locator in which you can sign onto the internet and locate your car. LoJack be sometimes be easily found, but there are other transponders that can be located almost any where on a car instead of one of the top facing surfaces.

it really dont matter...............

The reality is, if somebody wants ur car bad enough there gonna bring a tow truck and its gone.

in a fuel infected car you can have 3 cut off switches......
Ignition
Start
Fuel

Yes you can install switches to cut them off but if you find it BINGO the car starts. I use other methods. Make a switch without using a switch. What am i talking about? Well you car has so many factory switches that the possibilities are endless. What switches? Headlights, Hazard lights, Brake light, A/C, Door switch, Turn Signals, Window switches, i think you get my point..... now you can hook up any of these switches to activate your starter, ignition, and fuel. Now if you really want to get nifty you can use HES's (Hall Effect Sensors) these sensors trigger when a magnet is set in front of it. This means you can have a pen inside your car that has a magnet on the inside and if that HES doesnt see that magnet it wont start. Use multiple switches Headlight and hazards in order to start. Possiblities are endless. BUT!!!!! it wont stop a tow truck. If i see a big enough interest in this i will create a How To thread. and sell kits with guides with your specific needs.

WHY DONT YOU JUST REMOVE YOUR CHIP AND DISCONNECT TO POWER CABLE FOR THE ECU, BY THE TIME THEY FIGURE OUT THAT ITS NOT GONNA START YOU CAN GET THEM WITH A .40CAL :cool:

He has a non turbo car, it will run with the pcm disconected. You can only disable the ignition or the module in the distributor.