Alpine 3528

gn1220

I've got an Alpine 3528 amp that makes a static, scratchy sound out of the right channel. Sometimes it's fine but other times the noise gets louder and louder. If it made this noise all the time I would think the amp was bad but since it works fine sometimes I'm not sure. Anybody familiar with this amp?:confused:

Sometimes a bad RCA cable will induce "static" or "scratchy" sounds in the signal path. I would replace them with a new set to see if that will fix the problem, if not then it would be an internal problem with the amp.

Before replacing them, switch the RCA inputs from left to right to see if you are getting the sound in the left channel or just the right channel. If it stays in the right channel after the switch then it is the amplifier.

Thanks Audiowizard. I did swithch the RCA's, no change still the right channel, so I thought it might be the amp. Is this something I could look inside the amp and see where the problem is, like something blown or loose, or does it need to go to a shop? Could you fix it?:D Thanks for the help

Originally posted by gn1220
Thanks Audiowizard. I did swithch the RCA's, no change still the right channel, so I thought it might be the amp. Is this something I could look inside the amp and see where the problem is, like something blown or loose, or does it need to go to a shop? Could you fix it?:D Thanks for the help

There may be a loose or bad component on the board but if you like the amp, then send it in for repair. I have repaired a few amps but I was able to locate a loose or completely burned component and just ordered the part and re-soldered it onto the circuit board, you may have the same luck and can do it yourself.

Thanks, I'll add that to the "to do" list. I will take it apart and hope to get lucky. Hard to find a trustworthy shop around here anymore.

Mike call Sante fe auto sound I had them do my alarm and system on a TA that I had years ago, and they were the best, the system looked factory, when I do one in my GN thats where I will going for sure.
Dont know if they can fix your amp but they deal in Alpine and would probably point you in the right direction.