You can type here any text you want

Alpine Cd player having problems...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Roc87

11 Second V6
Help!! I was trying to hook up my Bazooka Bass tube that I bought off ebay, the self amplified model (EL8A), I had the radio on, Alpine 1.5 Din, has an output for the power antenna and one for the remote turn on lead. I got everything hooked up fine, power, remote lead from my other amp, and the RCA's. I didn't get a really good ground hooked up and went to turn up the radio, you could tell there wasn't a good ground in the tube because of the "noise". Well, while I'm messing w/ the bass adjustiments on the radio, I hear a pop from the trunk, it was the ground lead coming loose, and then all sound from the radio quit (I have all speakers hooked up to a V12 amp except for the EL8A) I turned off the radio, got a better ground, and turned the radio back on, this time there was sound, just like normal, but I tried the CD player and now whenever I put a CD in, it goes in, and then says eject, and spits it back out. :mad: I've taken off the face of the Alpine and pressed the reset button, and it makes no difference. Anybody with any ideas?

hmmmm... well, I've never seen eternal wiring effect the operation of a cd loading or booting BUT I have seen it fry the ground wires of the preamp out puts. I take it you've tried a known good CD. If so I'd have to say this is coincidental problem.

If you amp is not getting a good ground it probally taking from the RCA's and thats no good. Check for all power connection and fuses.

And for the deck, do the deck power up? If it is and you are putting a CD in and it spits it out you probally toasted the optical. :(

Yea, I probably did fry the optical. I've tried numberous CD's and it does the same thing, pulls it in, and they spits it right back out. The radio portion is fine. I disconnected the EL8A completely, and the V12 Amp has a very good ground to it. Guess it's time to save up/sell something to buy a new deck:mad:

Hey Roc,
There is an Alpine for sale in the "parts for sale" section and is very reasonable priced.

Back