Already getting frustrated !#@!*!&*!##!*!

ctflash1

3 drives so far this year and none of them were even close to enjoyable! My O2 readings r all over the place from 800 to 20 mv at idle. Changed my down pipe dounut gasket and removed my EGR and its still no different. I hear a tic on the passenger side but cant find an exhaust leak

02s are suppose to jump around...

Take a piece of long heater hose and use it as a stethescope (spelling) to listen for the leak you'll find it take your time...

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

By not enjoyable what do you mean be more specific what is the car doing or not doing?

Thanks Bescurred. NorCalTurbo, the car has very little power it will start to chirp the tires on takeoff and then it just seems to platue off almost like it had a governor on it. It will boost to 10 or 11 psi and stay there but it just doesnt seem like it wants to get out of its own way. I ordered a new MAF and translator yesterday maybe that might help but I hear a slight tick somewhere in the area of passenger side valve cover. And also when I'm driving at about 40 mph and drop the hammer the only thing it does is down shift feels like thats all the power it has. Thanks for the reply guys, anything is helpful

Have you checked to see if the intercooler or up pipe hoses are secure? Is your wastegate working? What is your fuel pressure? Just throwing parts at it is going to get even more frustrating and expensive!

as far as finding a leak the easiest way would be to get a dry vac set it to push stick up the exhaust pipe plug the other side with a rag get a spray bottle with water and dish washing liquid and spray everywhere flanges welds if theres a leak it should bubble .

Lots of things. What cam/converter is in the car?

Hey Jerryl, mostly everything is except for the normal stuff like 42 lb inj., walbro fp with hot wire, 86/87 ecm with tt chip, new coil pack, wires and 160 degree tstat, fp reg., and i just took of my EGR last nite

You may have checked already, but Is it possible you are pushing it past the int wg?

meant to say mostly everything is stock. Sorry
If you did not purchase the car from the dealer, see what your rpm and O2 are at 0/0 boost.

You are getting kr?

Had a similar issue years ago and converter was a D7, and stalled at 1700 rpm. Was slower than a 3 legged dog. :eek:

If you did not purchase the car from the dealer, see what your rpm and O2 are at 0/0 boost.

You are getting kr?

Had a similar issue years ago and converter was a D7, and stalled at 1700 rpm. Was slower than a 3 legged dog. :eek:
LOL on the 3 legged dog. My RPM's r in the 800 and my O2 readings r anywhere from 800 to 20 mv at idle. Think I just found a crack in my passenger header but I have to take off my AC compressor to c better.

LOL on the 3 legged dog. My RPM's r in the 800 and my O2 readings r anywhere from 800 to 20 mv at idle. Think I just found a crack in my passenger header but I have to take off my AC compressor to c better.
Place trans in D, hold the brake HARD, step on the gas, read rpm at 0 boost, and 5 psi. Report back.

Ok at 0 psi the RPM was around 1900 and at 5 psi it was around 2700 RPM before the tires broke out????? Don't think rear brakes r working too well. LOL

Hey Jerryl, I don't know if u saw my numbers from last nite but let me know what u think? Y did u want the RPMs r u thinking converter? I was also reading the chat with sweetblack85 and I'm also gonna try to bump up my FP a pound or two and c what that does. I think my exhaust manifold gasket is leaking also on one cylinder. Can I take that header off on the passenger side without pulling the motor? I already removed the AC compressor and looks like if I pulled the up and down pipes off I might have a good shot at it.

The header will come off without pulling the motor.

Clearly, I got this thread and the other one confused. Lmao.

Converter seems tight. I never had the correct converter on the HA, so not sure.