You can type here any text you want

Alt pig tail

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NorCalTurbos

Slowing down to SPEED UP!!!
I have a broken alternator pigtail, does anyone have pics or any help? There are two wires that go to the connector one is brown that matches up on my harness the other I'm not sure on. Thanks in advance for any help

Turbo Regal alternators are a one wire setup. Not sure why you have the extra wire. The brown wire is the correct one.

Turbo Regal alternators are a one wire setup. Not sure why you have the extra wire. The brown wire is the correct one.
Thanks, I'm sure I'll get it figured out. This harness is a little different from my hot air so I'm a lil unsure on a few things. The connector was butt connected on so maybe it came from another gm vehicle

Good possibility that the extra wire is on the F terminal. And is wired to +12 V ignition switched voltage. This is done so that the cluster lamp isn't required for the alternator to charge.

AlternatorPlug.jpg

The S terminal is an external voltage sense, wiring it to the fan delay relay power feed from the starter will keep the system voltage higher and steadier.

The F terminal is field power feed that can be tied to +12 volts (ignition switched).

The L terminal is the lamp terminal and is the bane of nearly all charging problems when it is the only wire used in the connector. This is the stock setup in our cars.

The P terminal is a pulse output that is used to drive a tachometer on diesel engines.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Back