You can type here any text you want

Alternative part number for hotair TPS

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

INEEDAGN

Seen Your Member
Did some digging the other day while I was bored and looking for junkyard score material. Officially, from GM, the only applications that got the hotair TPS were, of course, the hotairs (and turbo rivs). With some aftermarket cross referencing I found another GM application that appears to be the same part, EXCEPT the holes aren't slotted much for adjustment. If you buy an aftermarket tps for a hotair you are actually getting a part that is from a different application, they just list it as hotair because they don't want to manufacture a different part for such a small market, with such a small difference.

They come from GM TBI trucks. Almost anything that had a throttle body injection from 85-86 until 90 or 91 depending upon application. GM full size trucks ad vans from 87-90 had this TPS regardless of engine size. s10/blazer/syclone/etc. from 85-86 till 91 With the 4.3 engine only, those few cars that got the tbi 4.3s in 86 or so, they had this sensor also. 4.3 astro vans, etc from the same era had it too. The part number is 19143600, acdelco number 213-3859. If you type in the delco number at acdelco.com they list all the applications for it and it's over 200 applications. So if you don't mind slotting the holes or bending the tab a bit for proper TPS adjustment, this might save you some money on a new one or give you a cheap junkyard backup.

I went and pulled one of these sensors for $10, and we mounted it on turbonut85's car over the weekend. Without slotting we were able to acheive .42 volts at idle and 4.4 and higher at WOT. He took it off after adjusting the iac counts down, might need to slot it a bit now, I didn't ask him. When the new motor is sorted out I'm hoping he will do some road testing with it and verify 100% that it will work. Can't blame a guy for not adding it into the variables on a new build. At this point i'm 95% certain it'll work for you guys.

If this is already common knowledge I apologize, but I didn't find any info on it with a search.

If you just skimmed over the book I wrote, remember YOU MAY NEED TO SLOT THE HOLES!
I even found a pic......

tps.jpg

subscribed...
turbonut85, let me know how this works out and I'll add it to the list!!

Thanks for sharing this.
About 3 years ago, I helped a buddy with his suburban . . . he replaced the TPS and this was the one he got.
Always wanted to try it on the HA, but it's too far down the list.
Maybe someday . . . . :eek:

Back