You can type here any text you want

alternator 2 letter code

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Anthony P

sharing knowledge with those who care to listen
Originally there was a two letter code ink stamped on the alternator case by the ear that fit into the belt tensioner. I recently saw a NOS Delco CS144 alternator date coded November 30, 1989 with "ND" stamped on it.

I want to say that date code would be for the 1990 model year, so no to the TTA application. Is "ND" the stamping for the TTA? the ink stamping for the 87 turbo regals was "YA" and the 86's were "ML" - don't know if that helps anyone. Or is this unit just a 1990 CS144 120A alternator that could have been installed on a number of applications?

In any case, it is a great spare - just curious as to what it was originally produced for.

Attachments

• 32d4_1.JPG
    32d4_1.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 121
BUMP

Someone must have a low mileage original TTA that could take a few minutes to look what the alternator two letter stamp was and let me know.:D

The code on mine is "Y3". I believe the alternator to be original, I am the second owner, and the car had 9800 miles when I got it about a year ago.

Attachments

• Turbo Trans Am undercar, engine pics 069.jpg
    Turbo Trans Am undercar, engine pics 069.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 77
throbber,
thank-you very much for the info and pic. you have a nice clean TTA example.

best regards,
Anthony P

Back