You can type here any text you want

alternator brackets

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

G-bodyguy

trying to figure out what alternator brackets to use since I just removed the air pump and air conditioning compressor off of my 83T, I heard you can use the brackets off of an 78 regal but what motor the v6 or v8, is their any others I can use or do I need to fabricate one.

Like what was stated in the other thread the bracket from a non AC 75-87 3.8 is ideal. Now you could also use the brackets from a 350/455 Buick V-8 as the bolt patterns on the front of the heads are the same. I'm not 100% for sure but IIRC the V-8 brackets are all steel. You cant use the 455 crank pulley but all of the other pulleys will work on the V-6. I have the non AC V-6 bracket on my 455 Regal. I am also using the WP pulley and PS pump,pulley and brackets from a pre-computer(78-80) 3.8 V-6. You have to do a little modifying on the adjustment arm if you want to run a 10SI or larger alternator.

455 bracket

I use a non AC bracket "aluminum" and the arm "steel" from a 455 Buick. all the pullies matched from 6 to 8 cyclender perfectly. good luck.I hope this helped :smile:

thanks for the replies , Now if one of you has the brackets laying around and want to get rid of them let me know :biggrin:

Alt. bracket

Hi G-body,
I have one of the alum brackets and I think I have the adjuster bar.
It needs cleaned and it is from V6. Would you pay $15. shipped?
Diver

Back