You can type here any text you want

Aluminum driveshaft

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

vboosted6

I just started to put some bolt on's my all stock 87 gn.Im the 3rd owner of my 37k car and noticed that It had an aluminum driveshaft.Ive contact previous owner to see if he put it on and was told he got like that from original owner.I can't contact the 1st owner cause he passed away.Did Gn come with aluminum driveshaft?

Who said you can't contact the 1st owner?

upload_2014-11-15_2-0-7.jpeg

I just started to put some bolt on's my all stock 87 gn.Im the 3rd owner of my 37k car and noticed that It had an aluminum driveshaft.Ive contact previous owner to see if he put it on and was told he got like that from original owner.I can't contact the 1st owner cause he passed away.Did Gn come with aluminum driveshaft?

Is there something wrong with having an aluminum drive shaft? Other then the obvious. (it's not stock) In the late 80's Dennis Kirban started selling aluminum drive shafts. People were swapping out their factory drive shafts for aluminum drive shafts because they weighted less (not really sure if it made a difference) but some people must have thought so. It was an easy way for them to make their car a little lighter. If it's that great of a concern (having an aluminum drive shaft) I have an original drive shaft from my GN that I'm unable to use. My power level will be a little to high for a stock drive shaft. Make me an offer. They're not worth much money and I won't be able to use it again.

Is there something wrong with having an aluminum drive shaft? Other then the obvious. (it's not stock) In the late 80's Dennis Kirban started selling aluminum drive shafts. People were swapping out their factory drive shafts for aluminum drive shafts because they weighted less (not really sure if it made a difference) but some people must have thought so. It was an easy way for them to make their car a little lighter. If it's that great of a concern (having an aluminum drive shaft) I have an original drive shaft from my GN that I'm unable to use. My power level will be a little to high for a stock drive shaft. Make me an offer. They're not worth much money and I won't be able to use it again.

There is concern if your making any considerable power. The cheaper shafts tend to be made of 6061 and not very strong and could fold up under power and good traction. The better shafts are made of 7075 and is nearly as good as steel.
AG.

Thank you all for the replys.I just wanted to know if it was an option from factory, I got my answer.

Back