You can type here any text you want

Aluminum IC scoop and shroud

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tta1401

I posted something on the new products request and Mr. Keith Mease replied and said that he would build a quality aluminum piece for the TTA if can get at least 20 people to commit to it. I know I need a new one and I know many of you out there need one as well. What do you guys think?

Sean Kuehnel
TTA no. 1401
12.44 @ 113mph
New combo on the way!

GM made them out of rubber for a reason. You go over a big cirb one time and it will be shot. Someone should make a stronger one out of rubber. I know on mine it is the rubber where the rivits are that gets destroyed. I put metal pipe strapping on it about 5 years ago. Been fine ever since. But it would be nice to get a better designed rubber scoop.

I am researching the rubber piece for the bottom of the aluminum IC.I will come up with something nice as always;)

I need a test car ( TBI Formula, sarasota area ) I have a nice aluminum piece for that too!:) ;)

design has changed... I think instead of rubber Im going all aluminum. anyway I will do it reguardless.E-mail me if you have Q's

Aluminum shroud

Hey, Keith from MPE here...

we will be fabricating the shroud to be adjustable, both above and beyond the height of the stocker......another plus is that the inlet will be wider, so it will make up for the airflow lost by raising the lower portion....Customer will also be able to lower the shroud if he feels that he will not encounter any road "hazards" driveways, etc......with the shroud in the lower position, approximately 30% greater airflow will result through the intercooler.

Will be available in 10-15 powdercoat finishes, including our new "anodized red and blue over polished aluminum". nothing but the best, and TRICK!

Pricing will be around $135-$150 each.....again if we get a minimum of 20 persons to order.

thanks, <KM@>MPE:cool:

I don't know about you guys, but I want one. Sounds really nice to me. Can't beat the price compared to the stock ones going on e-bay.

JMO,

no way will it last!!!! well thats if you guy's drive the car

Must say, the best way I can see to do it would be a nice aluminum upper section and a rubber lower scoop. Probably a Trashcan so it can be changed cheap as it will get damaged if the car is driven. With this in mind I would buy one if I didnt have to order a new lower section every month.

1badtta...I agree...an all alum one would last me not even a week..need a rubber bottom

TTA Scoop

Originally posted by Grumpy
1badtta...I agree...an all alum one would last me not even a week..need a rubber bottom

Dan,

You may be in luck. Rich and I have found the original manufacturer of this piece (and the TTA Radiator hoses) and will be working with them to make a reproductions using the original molds. We are hopeful to have these items available by mid summer. Of course, as with any product, its always about the numbers and whether enough people commit to purchase one to support the making of the part. We got the original manufacturer of the GN/T-Type bottom seat cushions to agree to make those, but no one seems interested in them. If we don't do something soon, they have indicated that they will be destroying the mold. Too bad no one will step up to the plate on these, especially when I got so much feed back and I want one's when I first posted about them last year.

BTW, get my message about the jute padding?

Thanks,

Alan

Back