You can type here any text you want

always wanted to know...wideband.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SITHV6

Move against the Jedi 1st
ok, with owning my TR for over 14 years now I've seen a lot of talk about "wideband" this and wideband that....now theres a flood new wideband stuff out there to purchase in tuning our cars. I know ME-R are a good way to go eventually and requires 'tuning'....but I want to get the 101 on what defines "wideband" TIA!:confused: :D

Basically, a wideband will read air fuel mixtures between approx. 9:1 to 16:1 or leaner. Therefore since it can read it you can record it for tuning have it fed into a computer for manual or self tuning, datalog it for playback and whatever else your little heart can think up. A narrow band "sees" 14.7:1 and that is it. In operation in a stock vehicle a narrow band will constantly try to keep the fueling at that ratio.

On back to back runs and making changes I went from 12.5 to 11.8 AFR on my WB, and saw 810 mv on my NB. The WBs aren't prone to errors from EGT and backpressure like a narrow band is.

getting a hang of it.

so all these Air fuel ratio gauges actually have a purpose huh? lolwhat would be ideal numbers? as an average?
:confused:

no, the a/f guages do not have a purpose unless coupled to a wideband 02.........:)

with the stock 02, basically worthless

every combo has its "number", but most would prolly fall between 11.5 and 12.5

Back