You can type here any text you want

Am I nutz? What would you do?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Love the antenna:p

Back in the day, when you got a fiberglass hood, they usually moved the antenna to the rear deck lid because of radio interference.

AAR Cuda's and TA challengers were supposed to have the antenna in the rear 1/4's, too.

I know what I would do in this situation, simply because I've already thought about it. My uncle has a very nice, unrestored, near-mint-condition 26K mile '69 RS Z/28 in Daytona Yellow with black stripes. He bought it from the first owner in 1971 with 19K miles and he has only added 7K miles on it since then. I should add that he pulled the original DZ 302 when he bought the car and has been storing it inside a 50 gallon drum of oil ever since, while he put the 7K miles on it with another engine (350 I believe) so the original engine still has only 19K miles. Anyway, I have heard from a reliable source (my father) that one day that car will be mine, while the same uncle's restored '57 Corvette (non-FI 283/Powerglide) will go to my sister (uncle never married or had any children of his own). Now, I love my Buick but if I get the '69 Z from my uncle and don't have room for both cars, I'll get rid of the GN in a heartbeat. Not only would I enjoy owning the Z more, but it has TONS of sentimental value to me. There's no way the Buick could ever come close as far as personal value to me goes.

"maybe" after you guys have cars for 20 years you will think differently than ya do now :p I have had a LOT of "dream cars" over the years .. Lots of old Ford stuff with a few GM's thrown in here and there.. Like I said ..NO Regrets when they went down the road..oppps..one car my wife did feel really bad about as it left for Kentucky 10 years ago. Her TTA she bought new.. We both beat the hell out of that car! Prob the most "fun" car we ever had:eek: A few years later I asked her if she wanted my "new" TTA (10k mile car) for a new "fun" car.. She thought about it for a second and said "nah" as she jumped in her 87 T with a moonroof :biggrin: Old age :p variety is a spice of life :cool:

"maybe" after you guys have cars for 20 years you will think differently than ya do now :p I have had a LOT of "dream cars" over the years .. Lots of old Ford stuff with a few GM's thrown in here and there.. Like I said ..NO Regrets when they went down the road..oppps..one car my wife did feel really bad about as it left for Kentucky 10 years ago. Her TTA she bought new.. We both beat the hell out of that car! Prob the most "fun" car we ever had:eek: A few years later I asked her if she wanted my "new" TTA (10k mile car) for a new "fun" car.. She thought about it for a second and said "nah" as she jumped in her 87 T with a moonroof :biggrin: Old age :p variety is a spice of life :cool:

That may be true with most vehicles...I only kept my '66 Mustang GT fastback for a couple of years (Grumpy, note this was the only "FORD" I've ever had--had to get rid of it quick:biggrin:), and that was the nicest car I ever had up until the GN. I had an '86 Camaro for 6 years, but 3 of those years it sat in storage in my grandparent's barn because I was away in the military. That was the longest I've ever owned a car. However, the '69 Z/28 has been in the family for 38 years--5 years longer than me--and it will remain as long as I have anything to say about it. I don't think I could live with myself if I sold it after my uncle kept it for so long. He obviously loves that car and so do I; that's why I feel about it the way I do. Like my uncle, I don't have any kids and probably never will (according to doctors my wife can't) so I'll probably pass it along to my nephew.

If you can handle it financially, buy the Camaro you want, keep them both for 6 months or so, and then make your decision if one of them needs to go. Ties up some cash for a while, but you keep your options open this way and no remorse.

I had the GN and some older muscle (my 70 listed below) for several years together. Came to a time when one had to go. Tough decision, but the GN was far more practical, more comfortable, and FASTER...so the decision was made.

Now if a 70 Baldwin Motion dropped in my lap...done deal

Owned a lot of crap, a few that started out as crap, some that was polished crap.

Despite of Riding in 87Natl's (Mike) $100.00 bill on the dashboard Stroker..thing flat out hauls azz

I like my Buick, I trust it, runs good and pulls good even though I need more stall, but not much invested into it so Bang for the Buck...I cant beat it... But Mike can:mad: :biggrin:

Owned a lot of crap, a few that started out as crap, some that was polished crap.

Despite of Riding in 87Natl's (Mike) $100.00 bill on the dashboard Stroker..thing flat out hauls azz

I like my Buick, I trust it, runs good and pulls good even though I need more stall, but not much invested into it so Bang for the Buck...I cant beat it... But Mike can:mad: :biggrin:

Hey, you ever gonna call me, ya gypsy???

years ago after I got out of the "old' stuff my son NEEDED a 70 Shelby Mustang.. well the wife and I stole it one night to go cruising up the beach ... what a ****box.. car ran a little hot sitting in traffic .. the 4 speed was cool for the drive up.. that was enuff of that crap .. It was a beautiful car to!!! after a few days I wouldn't go near it.. Even now I do hallucinate like you but my brain goes "what the **** are you thinking" :eek:
Now compare a Buick to a new performance car... one extreme to another.. Ill take a new car please:biggrin:

Back