Am I nutz? What would you do?

88ZNX

Let loose the Boost!!
I hate to admit, but I have a really bad itch for a 1969 Camaro. I do like my Limited, but I like a 69 so much more. I would be looking for one as nice and clean as my Limited, a beautiful turn-key cruiser. They arent getting any cheaper and seems like the desireable ones are $20k + in price. I can always put a LC2 in it :cool: Only room in the garage for 1 toy, What would you guys do?

Jason

Attachments

• Camaro69SS34fr.jpg
    Camaro69SS34fr.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 1,327
I had the same itch but for a 71 T/A 455 H.O. 4 speed and sold my low mile 87 GN to get it.

Was cool for about 2 weekends then I wanted the Buick back...

Sold the TA and have owned 4 GN's since and 1 TTA....

I cant scratch your itch but know what I would do LOL:biggrin:

Ty

Just bought this.

Its MINT. :biggrin:

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 1,213
  • 052.jpg
    052.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 1,197
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 1,179
I'm more of a Chevelle guy and have owned a few '69 Camaros and love them, but me personally just think the 67-68's are the best.

They look cleaner and sleeker. Not as 'bulbous' as the '69.

My '68 is a plain jane. No spoiler..no gauge package and dog dish hubcaps.

Just the SS package with a big block, 4 speed and 12 bolt 3.73 posi. ;)

The silver is sweet though.

Buicks are fun but lack a certain something that those older cars have, go for it if you want to.

You are so right. I had my 68 SS for about 9 years, and my 69 about a year.

Attachments

• 68Chevelle331.jpg
    68Chevelle331.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 1,409
  • Jasons69.jpg
    Jasons69.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 1,115
I say keep the Limited too nice to part with i know it's just a car and the 69 SS are sweet but if you get sick of the Camaro can you replace what you have now cause finding a nice Limited isn't that easy anymore and with that color just my 2 cents

You are so right. I had my 68 SS for about 9 years, and my 69 about a year.

Awesome! Here's my daily driver Chevelle in 1986. 11 to 1's, Rockcrusher and 4.56 gears driven 50 mile round trip everyday to work. :eek:

Also, My '69 DZ 302.

Attachments

• Re-exposure of ROB4.jpg
    Re-exposure of ROB4.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,089
  • ROB1.jpg
    ROB1.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 1,074
  • ROB7_-_020807.jpg
    ROB7_-_020807.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 1,067
Just bought this.

Its MINT. :biggrin:

Now that is COOL! Time to change the signature.

I, too, am a first gen F-Body fan. Way more than this poor broke ba$tard has but cool none the less.

I hate to admit, but I have a really bad itch for a 1969 Camaro. I do like my Limited, but I like a 69 so much more. I would be looking for one as nice and clean as my Limited, a beautiful turn-key cruiser. They arent getting any cheaper and seems like the desireable ones are $20k + in price. I can always put a LC2 in it :cool: Only room in the garage for 1 toy, What would you guys do?

Jason

Move the H*LL out of Missippi for sure.

Ive had my share of vintage Camaros,Nova's, Chevelles and Corvettes. I bought a 68 Camaro SS396 375 HP 4 Speed brand new. I loved that car. Been a few years since I sold it. I was thinking of selling my 87T and getting an older ride last year. That was before I had a ride in my buddies 70 Chevelle SS454 LS6 car last Summer. It reminded me of why I moved on in the first place. Beautiful car, but hated the squeaks and usual rattles. Not to mention the poor brakes and harsh ride. I guess I am just used to the Buick performance and comforts. I also agree, if you gotta have one, go for it. Life is short.

Attachments

• 1968 Camaro SS396( 375 HP) 4Spd 01 (Large).jpg
    1968 Camaro SS396( 375 HP) 4Spd 01 (Large).jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,090
  • 68SS396CAMARO(84) (Large).jpg
    68SS396CAMARO(84) (Large).jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,236
Ive had my share of vintage Camaros,Nova's, Chevelles and Corvettes. I bought a 68 Camaro SS396 375 HP 4 Speed brand new. I loved that car. Been a few years since I sold it. I was thinking of selling my 87T and getting an older ride last year. That was before I had a ride in my buddies 70 Chevelle SS454 LS6 car last Summer. It reminded me of why I moved on in the first place. Beautiful car, but hated the squeaks and usual rattles. Not to mention the poor brakes and harsh ride. I guess I am just used to the Buick performance and comforts. I also agree, if you gotta have one, go for it. Life is short.

Nice! Wow, your an original owner that sold just a few years ago?

I had a 67 RS that looked just like yours, but had white deluxe interior and a 210hp 327 and a p glide. It was 1 0f 210 that had power windows with a fold down rear seat. Sold it to buy my first house in 1989.

Here's my Chevelle now.

Attachments

• IMGP2697.jpg
    IMGP2697.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 981
I sold the 68 in 1980. So I guess it was more than a few years ago. lol. Sure can't argue with the body styles. They were beautiful cars back then. I am an old guy now, but I am glad I had a chance to own and drive my share of them. That Black Chevelle is just stunning.

damm old Chebby lovers :mad: :p Change is good!! ask Obama :eek: I am just worn out on Buicks to.. Cool cars but having something different renews your interest :cool: ok some of those cars are acceptable to me now to. old age squawking :cool: FORDS rule :p

Attachments

• 68Shelbyconv.jpg
    68Shelbyconv.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 974
damm old Chebby lovers :mad: :p Change is good!! ask Obama :eek: I am just worn out on Buicks to.. Cool cars but having something different renews your interest :cool: ok some of those cars are acceptable to me now to. old age squawking :cool: FORDS rule :p

Love the antenna:p