You can type here any text you want

american racing torque thrust IIs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

berserker6

Assistant to the regional manager
someone please tell me what i need to clean these wheels. ive always had good luck using a mothers poweball on other things. but its not making an impact on these wheels. if you have these rims or ones similiar what are you guys using? thanks

i have a set of them wheels.the best stuff i ever used i got at a fle market.it call master formula METAL GLOSS.this stuff will turn the bottom of a beer car almost chrome when you polish it with it.the web address is Master Formula -- Home Metal Gloss & Sealer Gloss i have tried alot of other stuff but this works the best.it even cleaned the discolor off when a buddy sprayed acid on the wheels :eek:

Thanks for the quick reply tta. Do you apply by hand or are you using something like a powerball?

you can applie by hand or use a power ball.i perfer to do it by hand,you can do a much better job.that cleaner just works awsome.

What kind of polish are you using?
I've had great luck with Mothers Mag Polish (I think that's what it's called) and a micro fiber cloth.
Scott

it mothers in a red bottle and says aluminum on it. I will check tomorrow and see if it says anything else on the bottle. Cuz this stuff with a powerball didn't put a dent in the dirt on these rims.

it mothers in a red bottle and says aluminum on it. I will check tomorrow and see if it says anything else on the bottle. Cuz this stuff with a powerball didn't put a dent in the dirt on these rims.

trust me use what i said

This is what I've had good luck with. It's more of a paste. Let us know how they turn out.
EDIT. This is what I use.
51pPYThYqKL_SL500_AA300_.jpg

trust me use what i said

alright camel toe im going for it! lol just got off the website and it looks good. im pretty psyched. and im gonna get the sealer cuz ive been wanting something like this for awhile. im gonna order some and use it on my bike im selling before i go putting it on my precious.

I used something similar

to swap meet cleaner, (metal magic?)
works great, but got tired of cleaning on DD
so had them powder coated,( after polishing)
now just wash em when I wash the car!
had them do the backs too, no more grungy rims!

Attachments

• 100_0587.jpg
    100_0587.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 383
  • 100_0588.jpg
    100_0588.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 380
Berserker, let me know how you like that Master Formula polish. There was a guy selling it at Maplegrove on Saturday. I almost bought the kit, but I have a cabinent full of metal polishes.

Berserker, let me know how you like that Master Formula polish. There was a guy selling it at Maplegrove on Saturday. I almost bought the kit, but I have a cabinent full of metal polishes.

will do cork. And I don't know if you saw but I got the hotwire kit from razor with the relay and the cars back to her old self.:biggrin:

I saw you got her fixed and replied on the MAGNA site. Good to hear! I didn't realize Razor sold the hotwire kit. I will definately be purchasing one when I decide to upgrade the MAF on my current ride.

i need to find something for the trim on my T. it is in need. i used mothers aluminum polish in one spot out 3 in long for 30 mins and it shined up nice but there is no way i could do the whole car that way. my fore arm was done after that.

i need to find something for the trim on my T. it is in need. i used mothers aluminum polish in one spot out 3 in long for 30 mins and it shined up nice but there is no way i could do the whole car that way. my fore arm was done after that.

You might try something a little more aggressive like Fltiz or a polishing compound.

any other ideas?

alright camel toe im going for it! lol just got off the website and it looks good. im pretty psyched. and im gonna get the sealer cuz ive been wanting something like this for awhile. im gonna order some and use it on my bike im selling before i go putting it on my precious.

after you get it and try it post your results,the stuff goes on easy and comes off easy.made my wheels look chrome :D

just got the stuff in the mail. eatin dinner. running outside. and trying it out. i got the gloss and the sealer. i will report back in a couple hours.

well everything tta1240 said is true. the rims came out looking like they were chromed. and yes i know other polishers will do the same but i doubt they can go on any easier and come off any easier than this stuff did. you could literally do this in the dark it was so easy. its a liquid that you rub on til it feels smooth as glass which happens pretty quickly then rub off. but the real test is to see how long they will stay that way cuz i also bought the sealer. its also a liquid that you wipe on, let it sit for 5 minutes and wipe off. no more sore forearms for me :biggrin: and i try not to bad mouth another product but i will say that this stuff easily removed brake dust and oxidation in the nooks and crannies of my rim that other products were unable to get to. its probably due to its liquid nature. any questions just ask. and i have no affiliation with this site or its owners in any way. i dont even know the state theyre in unless i look at the bottle. heres the site Master Formula -- Home Metal Gloss & Sealer Gloss

Back