You can type here any text you want

Amg C32

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bsdlinux

Just Another BLACK Car
Historically I've always had trouble to get anyone to bite especially when I was driving the Black car. Most people around here either know what it is or they are not sure and that in itself is enough to make them think twice. Enter the White car, my daily driver which is pretty much all stock except for a Translator/LT1 maf, cold air intake, ATR crossflow exhaust and an ATR stock replacement DP. This same car now runs on E-85 with 83# injectors and a TT chip. A sleeper by most accounts.

I've had this car for 2 years now with little or no action but it reality that suits me cause I mean we are talking about the street here..... until the last 2 weeks..LOL lets see a 2006 C6, a Lotus Elise and a Civic Hatch with the B22 upgrade. And now an AMG C32 this morning on the way to work.

I consider the AMG special because of what happened after .Ok so I see this car pacing me, its black, I know its a Mercedes from the headlights. Seriously this guy is on my ass and so we come to a double turning lane where he is again behind me waiting for the turn. Light goes green we turn left and I speed off a little to get him off my ass where I notice his headlights raise up so I get back in it ( around 30 mph ) and put 4 cars on him and pretty much he stays there. I'm not pulling away and he is not gaining. Ok this goes on until about 120 where I get out cause a corner is coming up and really what is the use, he wasn't going to catch me. Of course he flys by then slows down to pace besides me again and then of course hits it again and off he goes driving like a bat out of hell. I just do the speed limit ( cops like this area in the mornings ) and catch up to him at a light a few miles up and we start talking:

Him: Dude you got the jump on me and you weren't pulling away.
Me: Uh was this before or after the 4 car lengths I put on you, anyway I got in it out of it and then back in it :-)
Him: Well you couldn't pull away.
Me: Ok
Him: I would have caught you
Me: You think so.... If we had went from a stop I would have pulled you more.
Him: Is that a stock turbo
Me: Yes
Him: There is no way you would pull me from a stop, I'd run off cause you would run out of turbo. I had a Grand National in high school, my Dad was a Buick dealer and I know that there is no way you can be over 100hp over the 230hp it cam from the factory with. That car is not even a Grand National or a GNX :rolleyes:

Me : I think you need to check on the standard TRs. Plenty of guys with stock turbos going 11s. Most were actually faster than the Grand Nationals stock for stock.

Him: No way your wrong ...thats a 3700 LB car there is no way, you must have a 4.56 gear in it, and its not even the same motor as the Grand National :rolleyes:

Me: Laughing at this point. Looks like you've got this all figured out. This car is running higher boost and E-85 and I have the stock 3.42 gear in it

Him: E-85?? ( Extremely confused look on his face ) No way... you must have a lower gear in that thing Anyway I would have killed you from a stop.

Me: Hey thats an expensive car you've got there, AMGs are great. My car isn't even 10 thousand dollar car plus its over 20 years old now. ( I think this pissed him off )

Him: Your just a Hillbilly, go back to the woods ...rolls his window up and speeds off

LOL... Ok I'm glad he knew more than I did.. He really put me in my place. I didn't realize that my car had a different motor than a GN and that it wasn't a Grand National. I'll have to go home and look at the GN and make sure. Yeah I'm hillbilly but I live in the same neighborhood he does so what does that make him. I live in a nice neighborhood out here by the lake called Lakaway but in the duplex area. Ok I'm a hillbilly then...:bigrin:

This is one of those rich guys that got everything in high school I'm sure. You know probably a lawyer or something. Lakeway is a small town so I'm sure we'll meet again. :wink:

This was the first time in all these years that I actually met someone that knew what the car was( WELL HE KIND OF DID ...LOL ) and was an ass about it.

haha, notice he didn't actually try to run you from a stop. nice kill -- it makes it that much sweeter when your victim gets all buttsore about it.

beautiful car, btw -- just like mine minus the dented fender, chipping paint, rusting doors, and busted-out bumper fillers! ;)

what a douche. Nice kill. I love it when people tell you all about your own car. Kick his butt again next time you see him. :)

HAha good, people that have AMG benzs think they are the fastest on the road....dont get me wrong...they are quick....but not as quick as a GN..haha. My friend had a C43 and he thought it was fast, until my pretty much stock limited burned him from a dig and a roll.

I would think 2x about trying to outrun the newer version of that car....

the c63. 451HP V8 with 443 Lb-Ft of tq! 116MPH in the quarter bone stock.

I had a c32.....sux because they all have an open diff. They launch terrible.

(I love your white ride!)

Thats what the GN is for :cool: :biggrin:

Yeah, I C&D said they run mid to low 12s....yeah...those are no joke...

Back