You can type here any text you want

Amperage Draw?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bent6

The Vanilla Gowilla
Maybe John will see this one. Does anyone happen to know what the amp draw for an LT-1 style starter is during cranking? Also, what about the amp ratings of the fusible links?

I have my battery in the trunk with an inline 125 amp fuse. So ... it's lower than 125.

Maybe John will see this one. Does anyone happen to know what the amp draw for an LT-1 style starter is during cranking? Also, what about the amp ratings of the fusible links?

i did a somewhat sicentific test between the lt-1 type starter and the stock gn starter a couple years ago on my lab-------i'll look up the results and get them for you------memory says its more than 125 amps------just because the starter doesn't blow a 125 amp fuse that doesn't mean that the draw is less than 125 amps------understanding of how fuses are rated will make that clear------if i get a chance tomorrow i'll explain it along with the starter tests...........RC

Back