AMS Modified Nissan GTR runs 10.6 @132mph on pump gas.

me and my buddy ended up going to the tracks last week to test my gn and his GTR,his best time without using the launch control was 11.95 @ 120 mph but the other 3 passes he made were 12.20

Attachments

• DSC00751.jpg
    DSC00751.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 251
  • DSC00759.jpg
    DSC00759.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 263
  • DSC00773.jpg
    DSC00773.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 254
me and my buddy ended up going to the tracks last week to test my gn and his GTR,his best time without using the launch control was 11.95 @ 120 mph but the other 3 passes he made were 12.20

Isn't he voiding his warranty by turning off the LC? Those transmissions are made of glass and around $22k IIRC.

He was NOT use launch control. And yes using LC will void your warrenty (why even put it on the car them?)

I think you have that backwards. IIRC Nissan will void your warranty if you turn it OFF. Can't do a search here at work but I will check when I get home.

Found it: We Get the Scoop on Nissan's GT-R Warranty, Will it Be Too Late for Some Buyers? | Motortrend News & Auto Blog - Wide Open Throttle

From MotorTrend Article - To get the word straight from the horse's mouth, we turned to our source at Nissan who summed up the situation: "Switching VDC off doesn't void the warranty nor does running the Launch Control on the car. However, if someone switches off VDC, enables Launch Control, and then breaks something while doing this, we wouldn't pay (under warranty) for the specific parts that break during this action."

I confused the LC with the VDC. Ha.

Isn't he voiding his warranty by turning off the LC? Those transmissions are made of glass and around $22k IIRC.

He has yet to use the LC,but the dealer will reflash the computer so when using the LC your only able to launch at 3200 rpm instead of 4500 rpm.