You can type here any text you want

Anbody running the 295/65/15 MT Drag Radials?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Blazer406

Mechanical Engineer
Just wondering if it would be possible with the correct back spacing to run this tire on an '87GN w/o notching the frame?

The 275/60 is listed as 11.5" wide... these are 12-1/2" wide... that would be 1/2" om the inside and 1/2" on the outside.

I have run a 275/50 (also 11-1/2" wide) on a 15x8-1/2 with a 3-3/8" backspacing. I had to roll the fender lips..... but could easily go to 4"... maybe even 4-1/4" (with a 4-1/2" BS wheel with a 1/4" spacer) backspacing and possibly even out the clearance (inside to outside).

I'm soon to be in need of new DR

I also am looking @ 295-65-15. Currently have 275-60-15
I do not believe you would be able to fit those without frame notching or sticking them outside and jacking the body up (That looks awfull IMO)
Those are the same section width and height as my 29X10X15 Goodyear slicks. I DO have my frame notched and fender lip trimed back. The slicks are on 10 in. wide wheels with 5 in. back spacing. This is a perfect fit as I have maybe 3/8 in. clearance inside and out side. 3/8 in. is min. inside as the tire will flex when turning. Keep me posted as to what you learn.

I guess I was hallucinating again....

I was hoping there was a prayer of getting them w/o any notching or mini-tubs. I figured... it's only 1" wider..... That tire is freaking huge. The height is what really makes it look big.

I guess we could wish for a 275/65/15.

It would come in at 29" tall. They would probably sell a pile of that size.

Just so happens I did this Tuesday.
They are huge!!! :smile: Fitment is not real good with 10in wheels with 4-4 1/2 in b.s. I have about 3/4 in clearance to the frame, and they are sticking out past the wheel well 1 inch or a little more.
With your wheel lips rolled things may fit under the car with a better backspace.
A frame notch and a lip roll would be perfect, along with a 5 or 5 1/2 b.s.

Like Lee said, they will stick out, and the air bags are blown up to the moon.

Brian

Back