Front Coilover Conversion And Arms For Street Hooking, Ridetech, QA1, UMI and BMR Users, Lets Get In The Ring

Update from UMI on the control arms with Delrin bushings and in black.....

3056-3-b (1" upper ball joint) $730
3032-1-b (1/2" lower ball joint) $860

If there's a GN vendor that sells these let me know please. Thanks for all the tips, I'll report back in May when the IL weather only sort of sucks in the 60s.

Full Throttle carries both Viking and UMI products and are reasonably close to you, so shipping shouldn’t be terrible.

Are the Delrin bushings capable of withstanding the downpipes heat?

I believe Turbo6inKY melted one.

Was he coated DP?
I'm coated and mine is a bit customized due to the Garrett turbo V band mated to our DP so it looks a tad more room for heat to escape.

These rear shock tower braces worth it?
Last thing I want is the car hooks then it eats itself apart from the load.
Just my $.02.
No. It's bolted in, and 1 end is slotted.
I made a triangulated tube arrangement that welded in.
It was a truss design that created triangles in an attempt to reduce the "parallelogram shift" from frame rail to frame rail.
Not sure I still have the pics....

I went with UMI control arms with Viking coil overs 450 springs. Had to run them up so far to get correct ride height I was about 1/2 inch from running out of threads! Mike @ fullthrottle told me to go with #550 springs. He was right! I sold the car shortly after swapping suspension, so I have no input on how it works together. I'd make a killer deal on 550 springs as I never got to install them.
Also, Highly recommend Chad's brace!!!

My car has new body bushings and is scaled, the front end weighs 1908lbs which is probably 100lbs lighter than most so that's also a factor. I also like it a little low, fender lip under thread so with a 2" drop possible I should be good. Also the spring weight has more involved when choosing it for a specific application than I thought.

I bought the parts from my old neighbor who owns Race Consulting Agency, suspension shop I'm having do the work and alignment.
I go in about 2 weeks, 40s 50s weather, great for testing how the new front sus and possible 325 Street Rs hook. 😟 I get it back from the body shop later next week, I'll keep their number on speed dial. 😱

My car has new body bushings and is scaled, the front end weighs 1908lbs which is probably 100lbs lighter than most so that's also a factor. I also like it a little low, fender lip under thread so with a 2" drop possible I should be good. Also the spring weight has more involved when choosing it for a specific application than I thought.

I bought the parts from my old neighbor who owns Race Consulting Agency, suspension shop I'm having do the work and alignment.
I go in about 2 weeks, 40s 50s weather, great for testing how the new front sus and possible 325 Street Rs hook. 😟 I get it back from the body shop later next week, I'll keep their number on speed dial. 😱
The front of my car is right around 1900lbs and with the 450lb springs we are able to stand it up on stalks or let it down to below what was needed . QA1 lists 450lb springs for 1900-2000lbs front end weight .