another 1/4 et guess

tford

Registered Member
last year with 0 boost launch and 2.1 60 ft. was 13.8 @17psi boost on street tires.
this year is same boost on pump gas with mickey thompson 235's. I'm hoping for 12.9 first pass with about a 1.6 60 ft. What do you guys think? A 12.50 would make my day but I don't think it'll happen @ 17 psi boost.

I don't see 12s with 17#s of boost on reg gas.. a 1.6 short time is easier said than done .. Stock motor ?? what was your mph ???

stock rebuilt motor with mild cam, stock heads. I think the motor is bored a little.

Yes

even though it doesn't sound like a big change, the old tires were bfg radial ta's. new ones are mickey thompson et streets. the bfg's absolutely sucked at the track. every time I tried to build boost, they would spin for ever. from a 2.1 to a 1.6 or 1.7 should get me to 13.0 at least imo. Is it true that for every .1 gained in 60 ft. = .6 in the 1/4? I didn't think that for every .1 in 60ft was .1 gained in the 1/4.

Ok

I'll update this on Thursday. I'm going to the track on Wednesday. Any guesses if I add 104 unleaded with a matched racing chip @ lets say....23 psi boost? I don't have the chip, just wondering what the car is capable of with a little more $$$$. I'm almost there. The reason I'm asking is my friend just got back his 300zx with a skyline motor but he can't really drive it. The guy who built it says low 12 or high 11 possible. He said he wants to wait until next year to race me because he wants to learn the car better. Hell, by that time I'll probably have alky spraying. I know I can't beat him now but it doesn't hurt to pick his nerves.

I don't see 12s with 17#s of boost on reg gas.. a 1.6 short time is easier said than done .. Stock motor ?? what was your mph ???

My car, before the engine went south, on 18 lbs of boost did a 12.6 @ 114 mph and that was with a horrible 2.2 60' time..........I have the PT6152E Turbo and a 3200 stall converter........and that was on 93 octane only.

did you have those heads though? stock heads are really holding me back.

Oh, didn't see that you had stock heads. Mine are ported and I'm sure this helped a lot.........

It sure did. Id bet you would have had to run 21-22psi and have a good tune to get the same mph with un-ported heads.

Thanks for all of the replies. It is nice to know after all of the $$$ in this thing that I'm not far off of where I should be with the mods I have. I think after heads and alky, I'm done and should be very close to my goal of 11's. Even though it is a low 13 car right now, it will still be fun beating up on unsuspecting victims. Maybe I'll get that chip with race fuel for any smack talkers.

Why not become an alky holic and twist'r up a little?????

Well, I almost did right before my trans went up in the gtp. Now I have to wait until next years tax return. It'll happen, as long as the daily driver stays together. I got to be able to get to work to make the $$ in the DD to fund the toy(s).

Don't forget about the oil in your SC in the GTP, my buddy's bearings went bad, he didn't know it had seperate oil.....if I remember correctly. I think alky is the way to go for a DD. I have Razor's kit. Julio is great for support or advice. I spent a bunch of time on the phone with him when I bough mine a couple years ago.

report from track

13.1 @ 100mph. best 60 ft. was 1.8. I beat a new mustang gt which made my night. If I had the $, 12.9 would have been easy with some good gas but that wasn't going to happen @ $8.00/gallon.

13.1 @ 100mph. best 60 ft. was 1.8. I beat a new mustang gt which made my night. If I had the $, 12.9 would have been easy with some good gas but that wasn't going to happen @ $8.00/gallon.

I just paid $8.99 for 110 octane. Havent even tried getting c16 yet. I bet it will be at least $12.00/gallon:eek: