You can type here any text you want

Another BOV conversation ,but how bout BOV on SD?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

greeneyegi

Ive read hours of pros and cons on the "blowoff valve discussions for our cars".
Am i correct to understand that the rich run situation is because the ecm will read air thats already been read and calibrated for?
So with an SD chip/system that wont be a problem?We can run the BOV to apt.?
This is more for my own knowledge not another pissing match that we all seem to love to have.
any ideas ?anybody with the SD done this yet?
maybe this should be in the ecm forums?i thought ide start it here.

From my experience with everything else you should have no problem blowing off to atmosphere with SD. If I go that route I may consider a BOV if I can get one for a decent cost....mainly because the horse sneeze annoys me and for no other reason. The Ford Ecoboost cars are SD. Some folks plug the inlet pipe and put a filter on the BOV's just to get the Psssshhhht sound haha.

I've had a BOV on the up pipe for years with no bog, hesitation, etc post Blow off. This was with a barely over stock build to a fully built ported heads/cam/turbo/etc with Turbo tweak, Extender, Ext G and ZERO issues...NONE!! I don't know whats up with folks saying its rich and bogging , etc. The BOV saved the day when I had a 3255E turbo that would spool so fast and rocket forward when hitting resume on the cruise control while on the interstate that the car would buck and shudder through the compressor surge from the throttle closing when requested speed was met after the turbo spooled so fast. SD will be no issues as well IMO.

im upgrading from stock ic to fmic and the idea came up.and after all the different thoughts,my thinking would be that the computer wont know their is one even their,since its a theoretical tune anyways.

Back