Another BSTC question

Sydwyndr

Admin
Staff member
I have tried to search most of the board before asking this question about the BSTC...

As far as wiring goes, There are 6 wires and im 99.99% sure I have them all connected correctly...

When I turn ign on,
the light will flash = pos & neg correct (red *A6* and black*D10*)

When I ign. turn on and push throttle down the
light comes on and can hear solenoids click = TPS trigger correct (Blue*C13*)
When I turn BSTC on and turn knob from min to max I can hear both (2) solenoids buzzing = control thru ECM wiring correct
BSTC white to *D3* solenoids, brown to *D3* ECM

Not concerned about 3rd gear*C7* at this point.

Now, I have the wastegate set to lowest setting 16psi. It will go 16 psi with BSTC off. If BSTC is on and knob is anywhere from min to max nothing changes. I dont quite understand the problem. Any help appreciated.

Do you turn wategate to 22-23 psi and then set BSTC to min to make 16 psi?? I must be missing something, thanks

If the solenoid is buzzing it should be bleeding air off.

Try to test it using some compressed air at 15psi. or so regulated into one port and trigger the BSTC controller and turn the knob up, it should bleed out the other port into the air, more as you turn the knob higher.

If it bleeds fine with the controller it has to be your hose connections/wastegate control system.

That's how mine worked, I would set my wastegate rod to 25lbs and use the BSTC to turn it down. So when I turned the knob it would lower the boost about 7lbs(I only used one solenoid) to 18lbs boost and if I turned it back up it would give me the whole 25lbs. HTH
Chris

Tell ya what, you guys can buy all the BSTC's you want, buy all the splitters you want, have 2 solenoids if you want, wire it all up right. but unless you PUT THE D@MN "Y" BACK THE RIGHT WAY Then everything will work like it is supposed to...:rolleyes:

my bad...:mad: :mad: :mad: