You can type here any text you want

Another Cruise Control/AVC Thread.....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

greeneyegi

So after doing my 87 limited column to floor shifter,electric trans brake,and AVC/GNX dash upgrade all in one job.(i learned long ago dont change more than one thing @ a time with these cars.But i went ahead and did it anyways)Everything went beautifully! Im very pleased with the look and feel of the floor shifter and dash.One of the best changes ive done.Hated that column shift.If anyone is thinking of doing this i say DO IT!.
So to the one and only issue i have with the change over.The cruise control worked before.I replaced everything with used stock regal stuff.Column,console,shifter.the only thing that wasnt off a regal that i know of is the cruise control stock.i used a brand new one.And of course the AVC dash.Which has the electronic speed gauge.The speed works on my powerlogger/scanmaster,its not perfectly on speed about 5- 10 mph off,but works.
The one and only wire i have that i didnt know where it went before is on the parking brake switch.ive looked on another car,an original floor shift car though,and it only has one wire.Mine has 2.Grey and a tan one.The grey wire is not wired to anything.it has 12v when the brake is applied.Its a factory wire,not spliced.
the green cruise light does come on when cruise is activated,but no control.
The manual shows one wire on the switch and the switch is actually grounded.any ideas on where this wire goes?And would it have anything to do with the cruise control?

The AVC dash uses a speedometer cable in line VSS. At least mine does as it's a mechanical speedometer. Wondering if this might be the problem as your cruise control used the factory VSS (little green box) in the dash which is now not in use.

Dunno? Just thrown this out there.

I will follow this thread closely as I have the VDO gauges & wiring harness from an AVC dash installed in my car in which I'd like to install a cruise control system. Car did not come with cruise control from the factory.

The AVC dash uses a speedometer cable in line VSS. At least mine does as it's a mechanical speedometer. Wondering if this might be the problem as your cruise control used the factory VSS (little green box) in the dash which is now not in use.

Dunno? Just thrown this out there.

I will follow this thread closely as I have the VDO gauges & wiring harness from an AVC dash installed in my car in which I'd like to install a cruise control system. Car did not come with cruise control from the factory.
the speed still works on the computer.the electric speedometer has the vss which i tapped to like it sayed,just not the top of the cable that runs behind the dash....wich was awesome.i hope i dont have to pull the dash out again.

back at it again here.anyone know what this plug is ?
KIMG0226.JPG

Attachments

• KIMG0227.JPG
    KIMG0227.JPG
    825.5 KB · Views: 70
FIXXXED!!!!!
thanks caspers.
i had to wire the red wire on the green box that goes to the cruise control module to one of the wires on the vss and that fixed it.that should be on the instructions.but since they dont make em anymore,oh well thats why we got this forum.
thanks erryone that helped.

Back