another fan stays on question

kneeshurt

the fan on my gn stays on all the time key on or off. the delay relay has two plugs under it. if i disconect the first one thats the one closest to the engine the fan runs all the time only when key is on. if i pull both plugs it still runs all the time with key on. any tips.

the fan on my gn stays on all the time key on or off. the delay relay has two plugs under it. if i disconect the first one thats the one closest to the engine the fan runs all the time only when key is on. if i pull both plugs it still runs all the time with key on. any tips.

Sounds like you have a short to ground somewhere. there's a high temp switch on top of the intake near the front driver's side. It's mounted verically and has a one wire connector on it. It's a squeeze type connector. Squeeze it and pull it up to disconnect. See if that stops the fan.

One has to wonder how long it would last in a high draw aftermarket fan setup?? It's only rated for 30 amps. That'll run a stock fan, but not much above that.

I did away with the stock fan back around 1999.

The fan i have is rated quite a bit higher cfm than stock but i don't remember the specs on it,but it allows the engine to run cool without having to have a low and high speed set-up like the factory did it.

What i do know is the painless wiring switch works for me and has for years and no delay relay to come on and kill the battery.

i disconected the high temp switch wire and the fan still runs. i noticed that the three wires to the ac high pressure were cut and spliced back together but they did not reconect the black with white stripe wire. i will reconect and see what happens