You can type here any text you want

Another GN vs GTR clip

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Damn the GN walked him but the GTR had traction problems. Hmm, oh well still a kill. :cool:

Damn the GN walked him but the GTR had traction problems. Hmm, oh well still a kill. :cool:
GTR's are all wheel drive, also have launch control over a host of many other electronic performance features...... They don't have traction problems. 0-60 in 2.7sec stock, thats one hell of a GN to show who the real king is, while the rest of those cars could not. However, i would love to have a GTR for a day, hell maybe longer after that.
Great video

Ok, guess it was just me then but it looked like the GTR was struggling to gain traction. Poor track prep in that lane? Dunno but I'll take a GTR too...then sell it and buy something everyone and their brother doesn't have. Not literally, but you know what I mean. Tired of hearing about them, give me an old school hooptie I can build fast. Not something I can buy that's already fast. What's the fun in that? Hmm, guess I'll duck out of here now.

GTR=yawn

This=holy fkn damn respect!!

Sounds like a souped up 2.3 Lima block.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Ok, guess it was just me then but it looked like the GTR was struggling to gain traction. Poor track prep in that lane? Dunno but I'll take a GTR too...then sell it and buy something everyone and their brother doesn't have. Not literally, but you know what I mean. Tired of hearing about them, give me an old school hooptie I can build fast. Not something I can buy that's already fast. What's the fun in that? Hmm, guess I'll duck out of here now.

GTR=yawn

This=holy fkn damn respect!!
Nice post, i can smell what your stepping in.
Funny you posted that video also. My 1st car was a 87 Turbo coupe, and i had 3 more 88's after that. Not to mention a 91 SC, and a some 5.0 birds. my favorite TC was pretty to look at, and I eventually bought a semi built BBF 429, bought a 532" stroker kit for it, all the bbf fox body swap parts and you name it, i did or had it done to the car. Drag car. Barely got it running, never finished it. Learned my lesson with the ford stuff. Haven't picked up another ford in 8 years now, and i feel good about it, like I'm in recovery or something. I still laugh at some of the local guys that soup em up, and I have a few friends that only drive fords. Im anything but now.

That's the 2jz from the Toyota Supra.
Hmm, well laugh all you want at me because I have 2 88 TCs. One of which I'm building up. Laughing at others who enjoy their hobby just shows what kind of a person you are.

That's the 2jz from the Toyota Supra.
Hmm, well laugh all you want at me because I have 2 88 TCs. One of which I'm building up. Laughing at others who enjoy their hobby just shows what kind of a person you are.
Oh it does? You mean fun and entertaining right? Don't be so easily offended, i didn't mean anything by that. I just learned my lesson with those cars, cool platform and easy to work on, but keeping the factory stuff going was not cheap for a car that needs so much just to get 400hp from it.
What's up with those brake relays going out and not being able to stop. Scary.....

I love my SVO but its a pita to work on and parts.....fuggettaboutit

Oh, my apologies then. Thought you meant...ok, nevermind. You're right...it does take a lot to get big HP, but that's all in the fun. v8s are easy to get HP from, but what do you think about a 4cyl that makes v8 power? That's impressive to me, and we as TR owners can relate to being the underdog, right? You pop the hood of an 8 sec car and may expect a v8, but you see a 6 or a 4 cyl. Instant respect! Check out John Huber and his 79 Mustang. He's in the 8's last I saw.

Yeah, the Turbocoupes use a braking system similar to our powermaster setup. Relay goes out and you MUST have a strong leg and fast reaction time. Mine has 2 times due to water dripping shorting the relay, but I just had it hanging out in the open so...tucked it back where it should have been and all is well.

I love my SVO but its a pita to work on and parts.....fuggettaboutit

I found my self at the local dealership a whole lot because of that.
I don't remember why, but i put a vane air meter from a 86 svo in my 88TC. I think is was bigger? Idk, that thing was weird and i always wanted a stand alone unit from Esslinger back then.

Oh yeah, John's car has been in the Hot rod mag a few times. Seem that car on Horse power TV also. I did get a little more then 400 out of mine but, i also didn't know what i was doing either. Stupid T3/T4 stuff compared to the turbo's now. Could make it easier, oh and i also spent gobs of money on a stinger performance header and exhaust, not to mention the big D port head. It did sound good. I got in over my head with the BBF swap and chassis work. Took years to sell that stuff.

I found my self at the local dealership a whole lot because of that.
I don't remember why, but i put a vane air meter from a 86 svo in my 88TC. I think is was bigger? Idk, that thing was weird and i always wanted a stand alone unit from Esslinger back then.
The 88 vam and the 86 SVO vam are the same I believe.

Hmmm, ya i don't remember. But after mine went out my buddy told me to get the svo one, and then i he had to adjust it, for it to run right. I want to say it felt a little stronger after that.

GTR's are all wheel drive, also have launch control over a host of many other electronic performance features...... They don't have traction problems. 0-60 in 2.7sec stock, thats one hell of a GN to show who the real king is, while the rest of those cars could not. However, i would love to have a GTR for a day, hell maybe longer after that.
Great video

Really!!!!

Me in a blue 2013 with traction problems & my buddy with a 2012 on drag radials with big time traction problems!!

Back