You can type here any text you want

Another Headgasket Thread..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HooverGS

I'm sorry to beat a dead horse guys, but I can not find the information I'm looking for.

I have a 87 regal t-type with champion GN1 heads, stock block, cylinders bored maybe .20 over. Ive heard only buy MLS gaskets for aluminium heads so I did some investigating and I've read use Fel-Pro #1026 Head Gaskets. TA Performance recommended them and I've read that they are good gaskets. I ordered them and from what I can tell they are not MLS. These gaskets say Pre-Flattened copper wire ring as well for the aluminium head applications. Can anyone please help. Be gentle, new to the GN realm.

Kyle

Send them back and get some Cometics. Part #SH1602spk040s. My 8 bolt headgaket number.
Keep it simple

That part number isnt available anywhere that I can see? Do you need to know bore size or anything?

If they are felpro 1000's that's supposed to be a real good gasket (never personally used one, but I don't have aluminum heads), if you do use a Cometics and pop it you could hurt the aluminum head. The guys I know with aluminum heads are using felpro 1000's.

I'm using the stock GM gasket on my aluminum heads. They have been on there for 13 yrs now, knock on wood! lol

I'm using the stock GM gasket on my aluminum heads. They have been on there for 13 yrs now, knock on wood! lol
It's very hard to beat the stock Gm,Victor,or Felpro 944PT gaskets. They're all the same.

Back