You can type here any text you want

Another Morel Lifter Preload Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mtocrs1

Mtocrs1
I am attempting to measure my zero lash setting and all is going well except one set of lifters compresses easily. I was searching on how to pump it back up and got to thinking? Do I want them pumped up or collapsible when checking preload?
Should I try to exercise the rest and get them all collapsible before taking the measurement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to clarify, I wasnt asking if I should take the zero lash with the lifters collapsed. I just didn't know if they needed to be exercised before taking the measurement. I didn't know if they could be artificially pumped up more than normal. If that makes any sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whether their pumped up or not the cup the push rod sits in is going to be in its up position. Zero is just when you start to feel drag as your spinning the push rod in your finger tips. . This feeling will be before anything gets collapse or pushed down. With iron heads on a iron block you only need a Hal a turn after that.

Back