You can type here any text you want

Another Power master question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fc227

1986 Grand National
Greeting all ,

After replacing the Check valve in my Power Master , I am still get cycle times of ~ 2 minutes.

Has anyone every tried installing a high pressure steel ball check valve in the high pressure hose Assembly like the Mcmaster Carr's 46105K65
McMaster-Carr

even if it was to only verify that was the only problem with the PM cycling?

They have brass body valves for ~ $15.00 , and the SS version is ~ $37, plus the fitting's need.

Is the pump outlet a 1/4" NPT ?

Here are some picture of what I am thinking of.

Now this would fit in where the hose meets the pipe. Also If I could find even smaller fittings that can stand up to 1000 psi , that would shrink the length down.

The check valve is in the middle as stainless parts in it , no plastic . So brake fluid should not effect it ( we will find out)

Attachments

• DSCN03520003.JPG
    DSCN03520003.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 86
Cycle time has more to do with the acc ball than the check valve. Sounds like the acc ball is losing pressure. ---Keith

I'm talking about cycle time , without the brake being depressed.

if the accumulator ball is bleeding pressure than the pump will cycle longer trying to fill it..... have you ever replaced the accumulator before?

Yes, I have replaced the accumulator ball. My unit was bleed back though the pump port (using the clear tube method to test) causing the pump to turn on every 60 seconds even when the brake pedal was not used.

Back