You can type here any text you want

Another powermaster question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dragrazor

When you shut your car off after a drive, is it normal for the passenger side of the fluid reservoir(acc side) to fill back up with fluid or is it supposed to stay pressurized keeping the fluid in the accumulator ball. Also, with the key forward, the pump pumps fluid back into the acc ball. If i keep the key forward,after the pump stops,the pump turns on again after about 15-20 seconds. Is this normal? And lastly, i have a small brake fluid leak and i cant figure out where its coming from. It runs down the frame area by the lower control arm. What are some of the more common locations for these units to leak from. I have the updated switch.

You should stop driving your car immediately until this is fixed. The powermaster failing will cause you to have a very bad day and yours is ready to give up the ghost if you will. The fluid should be stored in the accumulator with no leakage. Yours is in trouble since it bleeds back. Which side of the car do you have fluid leaking on? I'm gonna guess that power master runs most of the time when the key is on?

When you shut your car off after a drive, is it normal for the passenger side of the fluid reservoir(acc side) to fill back up with fluid or is it supposed to stay pressurized keeping the fluid in the accumulator ball. Also, with the key forward, the pump pumps fluid back into the acc ball. If i keep the key forward,after the pump stops,the pump turns on again after about 15-20 seconds. Is this normal? And lastly, i have a small brake fluid leak and i cant figure out where its coming from. It runs down the frame area by the lower control arm. What are some of the more common locations for these units to leak from. I have the updated switch.
Nope this is not common. Stop driving this car until you get this fixed. Your power master is going to fail and cause you to have a very bad day when your brakes completely go out.

When the key is on, it runs every 15-20 seconds. i see the fluid slowly come back to the passenger side of the reservoir. Also, no brake light warning me of anything.

The risk is the motor will overheat and die turning on so frequently. The leak complicates the analysis.

Sounds like a check valve problem to me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2.

Back