Another ptc/dusty is awesome thread

Bigjsn250

ZR1, 87GN and 86 T Type, life is good
So the T is back running. I did a 9.5nl ptc converter I can't remember if dusty stalled it at 2800 or 3k (maybe he will chime in) a Stage Right transbrake, Cat SFI flexplate and lt1 starter.
I found that my alky pump wAs leaking badly and my fuel pump had a burnt ground wire in the tank.
Julio made quick work of the pump. A rAcetronix 340 fuel pump and hager went in also.

It's hard to explain the difference. I'll tell you this last night it smoked the mt drag radials from a stop and roll.

It feels like maybe a 100 shot of nitrous was added to the car. It is nothing short of amazing. The car had a stock d5 and under normal throttle you cannot tell its not still in there. Just perfect manners.

The trans brake works great, played with it a little last night. I also found that the middle check ball in the valve body was missing. The car had violent 1-2 up shifts under light throttle. I added that check ball back in the car shifts perfectly now.

I'm real happy I spent the money on the converter.

I still have the translator and lt1 mad to put in, didn't want to many changes at one time. That will go in later this week.

Next midnight madness I'll be running her. Hoping for a nice solid mid to high 11.
Thanks Again Dusty!

Ditto... Dusty, I think you'll be getting a call or two soon on some 9.5s for some Okies that's saw how good they work this past Saturday...

Dusty, I know a guy with a 8" Coan in Turbo Buick with a th350. Its way too loose for his combo. Has a turbonetics 72bb. Can you make an 8" work like this guys unit?

The only way for an 8" to work is for maybe a mid 9 second car that turns 7500-8000 rpm. They are to loose for a lower rpm turbo motor. A 9 inch is as small as you need to go. He'd be better off selling it to an N/A V8 guy and getting something better suited to the combo. Some of the old Stage 2 motors ran an 8" but they had the rpm capability to make them work but even then once they approached the 8" they became to loose.

Ditto... Dusty, I think you'll be getting a call or two soon on some 9.5s for some Okies that's saw how good they work this past Saturday...
Dusty was on my list for winter projects even before I went to OKC! :)

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app