You can type here any text you want

Another t-top question...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

wolfmann442

Car Poor
Yes,i done a search,but i couldnt find my answer.Is there anyway to keep the function of the t-tops,but have the quietness of a hardtop?The one i had had t-tops,and i like taking them out and riding around,but a trip with them in was noisy,real noisy.I know that it needed new seals,but i never got aroung to replacing them.My question:will replacing the seals seal them up for wind noise,or is it near impossible?I have a friend that is in the market now for a T/R,and i will be soon after.

Thanks,James

well just my 2 cents but i know its not a turbo regal but that monte we've had since 87 is a t top car and when you put in new rubbers all around it helps a good deal... usually new seals about....every 2-3 years keeps the whistling and vibration and rattling to a complete minimum... and its not as bad...but if the rubbers on the car you purchase havent been replaced often then you will have the noise...but the 2-3 year thing is just what we did cause we didnt care for all the whistling especially at speed(what the sorry l69 could muster atleast lol) but you get the idea:cool:

Yes,i done a search,but i couldnt find my answer.Is there anyway to keep the function of the t-tops,but have the quietness of a hardtop?The one i had had t-tops,and i like taking them out and riding around,but a trip with them in was noisy,real noisy.I know that it needed new seals,but i never got aroung to replacing them.My question:will replacing the seals seal them up for wind noise,or is it near impossible?I have a friend that is in the market now for a T/R,and i will be soon after.

Thanks,James

I think that if you change all the T-top gaskets/seals with the newer/thicker version (from Kirban's I think) that the GN can be quiet with the t-tops on. Additionally, u can also adjust the windows- this can affect noise level. There is a t-top/ moonroof pamphlet that u should look for.

I live in NY and in the winter i put on the t-top shades. (available from postons or gbodyparts.com) Theses shades make the car warmer bc glass is really cold in the winter and they alter the noise level. It looks as if the car is a hardtop.

Finally u can look into braces for the trunk, under the hood, thicker sway bar, and possibly missing body bushings.

I love the t-tops off and to keep them quiet when they are on, u have to do maintenace.

Back